Collector's Edition

It should be packed like this.

If you release/remake a nostalgic game, I think there should be a physical copy for sale. In a big box, with shiny box art, and a thick manual with all the units, buildings, civs, history, log of changes per version of the game. And a tech-tree poster thing you can hang on to your wall. And some oldschool subscription cards for signing up for AoE4 pre-release. And a figure like @KingDarBoja is saying, would all be very nice.

Makes me think about Retro City Rampage. Which is a new game. But all in old DOS-game style. And they even released it on a 3,5" floppy disk, for nostalgia’s sake. :smiley:

I’d probably grab this. But imagine a boxed one too! Little figurines and an AoE steelbook…I’d buy that in a heartbeat.

I would be keen for a collectors edition :slight_smile:

I usually don’t buy special editions because I don’t have the money beyond the 30-40-60 dollars you need to spend on the standard, but if they do come out with a special or deluxe or whatever with some extra goodies, I would do everything in my power to buy that. All these people who are complaining it’s on Windows Store only would be missing out for sure!

@aquablade351 you can install a store App from CD/DVD, too.
A real nice and awesome steelcase Edition with a strategy guide would be awesome for people who have played AoE when they were children.

@EnoughSiren1671 said:
I read another post about how they will publish the game and i thougt:

It would be awesome to get a BOXED Version with manual and tech tree to flip like in the old days!

I still have all my boxes of AoE and love the art. The manuals and tech trees are in my book shelf :blush:

What do you think? Would you buy a Box with a manual on paper?

ME. My godness, I have the big-boxed versions of AoE and AoE II and their expansions too, and the AoE III Collector’s Edition (with the famous artbook with the five Age of Empires at the end). I have an AoE Online physical version too (a mini-box with a code for the Complete Greek Civilziation :stuck_out_tongue: ). If AoE Definitive Edition comes for sale in a boxed physical edition, I’m going to buy it instantly.

Hope they make an extraordinary Collector’s Anniversary Edition (like Firaxis did with Sid Meier’s Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition.)

They won’t. Microsoft Store only. It’s the future, enjoy it. :#

Boxed games forever.

I will buy it, I like keeping boxed games for future nostalgia, by the way, you made me feel awful because I don’t have any AoE boxed version :’(

It’s 20th anniversary! I expect a big box with an “art of empires” book or something!

@Microsoft Store: Maybe we can buy the box and only need to activate it in the store but still have the benefits of a boxed version.

I don’t even have the dvd rom

I’m not even sure they’d even carry a boxed version anywhere in the USA. I mean Gamestop doesn’t have boxed PC games anymore

I am oldschool. Boxed versions 4ever!
If there is a boxed version I will, obviously, buy it.
The nostalgic feeling I get whenever I hold one in my hand is out of this world.

I need a boxed version !!! <3 <3 <3

The retail version of Age of Empires Online was the Greeks starter pack which included a poster, advisor cards and a GFWL game code to redeem online. Either a retail or digital collectors edition would be awesome.

I would definitely buy the boxed version! (tech trees!)
I don’t like the Microsoft store very much.

I would definitely buy a digital collectors edition with the game, digital soundtrack, digital art book and maybe an exclusive desktop theme with audio from the game.

I’m graphic designer and can be nice have printed material, like the original.

The possibility of a boxed version is highly unlikely. This will be a Windows Store exclusive. Also this is a remake, not a full game. They didn’t make a boxed version of AOEIIHD either. Maybe a new AOE version would still be sold in stores but not remakes. They can’t charge the price of a full new game so spending money and resources to DC’s/DVD’s, boxes and maybe manuals would be too expensive.

I would pay 10€ more for a boxed version with a printed manual