Collector's Edition

Do you think there will be a collector’s edition? What do you think it will take? What would you like me to bring?

If I see a physical edition I will probably buy it.

@Daxtesoscuro said:
If I see a physical edition I will probably buy it.

Of course I will too.

Digital is good enough for most games, but if it’s something I really love or a gift for someone then Physical all the way.

A “collector edition” would be an amazing stuff that I would buy for sure!

It should come with stuff like as a book with all units showcase, a tech tree poster, giveaways, perhaps a custom USB with greek design? :smiley:

Microsoft released a retail version of Age of Empires Online for the Greek civilization and it came with a code for the game, a poster and advisor cards. I would buy something similar for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition if it were made available.

A collector’s edition with an art book, poster, figurine, and codes for the game and soundtrack from the Windows Store would be awesome.

Yup, I still keep the Age of Empire 2 Age of Kings and Conquerors boxes. I hope they release a box and manual alongside with a physical copy of the game, that is so much extra!

@KingDarBoja said:
A “collector edition” would be an amazing stuff that I would buy for sure!

It should come with stuff like as a book with all units showcase, a tech tree poster, giveaways, perhaps a custom USB with greek design? :smiley:

How about a whoopie cushion that plays the “Wololo” sound when you sit on it? Or is that too much?

YES! I’d pay for a boxed version that has the same size as the original boxes just to put them altogether in my bookshelf. Even it doesn’t come with a DVD :wink:

@rhrmn said:
Microsoft released a retail version of Age of Empires Online for the Greek civilization and it came with a code for the game, a poster and advisor cards. I would buy something similar for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition if it were made available.

A collector’s edition with an art book, poster, figurine, and codes for the game and soundtrack from the Windows Store would be awesome.

It was however a different sort of game, it relied heavily on microtransactions and that box was in essence just buying stuff you can buy with microtransactions in a retail store.
I doubt they will use the model for DE, it would however be nice to have a collectors edition with extra goodies, but I think the main idea of using windows store is to not have those production costs.

I hope so they come a physical Edition, i will buy it or a legendary Edition where is limited

@smitske said:

@rhrmn said:

It was however a different sort of game, it relied heavily on microtransactions and that box was in essence just buying stuff you can buy with microtransactions in a retail store.
I doubt they will use the model for DE, it would however be nice to have a collectors edition with extra goodies, but I think the main idea of using windows store is to not have those production costs.

Yeah. I think the odds are pretty slim for a retail copy of the game. For example they were going to release a physical copy of Halo Wars 2 in the USA and two weeks before release they canceled it.

As many others I also have my old boxes, eith aoe 2 and aoe gold edition. I dont need a Cd, I just want the box with the goodies like everyone is saying. I would pay so much money for something like that, everyone would out of nostalgia.

If any devs also grew up with this game, they should be pushing something like that I hope.

Hmm…in this day and age? I think setting up distribution and whatnot might be more hassle than MS is willing to put up with. Personally, I’m okay with a digital download. Then again, if I could get something like a steelbook or a concept art/“making of” special edition, I would jump on that.

Collector’s edition + boxed options please :slight_smile:

@HaiCinderella said:
I hope so they come a physical Edition, i will buy it or a legendary Edition where is limited

Yeah, a “legendary definitive edition” that would cost like 799 dollars (like Assasin Creed’s: Origins)

Just kidding, I hope it isn’t going to be expensive (atleast 100 dollars as much) if it isn’t going to have a unique stuff like the wololo whoopie cushion :lol: .

I would buy any version of this game, however a boxed version would be awesome indeed.
As for DRM, it could really kill the fun. And sincerely I hope that it will be possible to play the game offline.

I hope so, there was another topic about that. But yeah I think there is a lot of people that wanna see a Collector’s Edition Box with some nice stuff like “Ingame Manual signed by developers” or “Custom USB with a elephant design”. I want to get at least a Hoplite/Phalanx Collection Figure for my desktop. Hope they release it.

Oops I just made a post about this - hopefully we will get the sound files separate.

Well if it’s a Windows Store deal… I guess there will be some offer made there. I would like to see tech tree, USB Priest that has the added feature of screaming wololo when you insert into PC port. :smiley: