Colour mood no longer works after

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.62085.0 8752729
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Since the most recent update, the colour mood of a map/scenario does not affect the appearance in any way, even though map lighting is enabled.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Check that map lighting is enabled in the options menu and that there are no mods active that affect colour mood.
  2. Either create a scenario in the scenario editor and select a colour mood other than default, or start a skirmish on a map that uses a colour mood (e.g. Mangrove Jungle).
  3. Observe that all non-default colour mood settings look exactly the same as default.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The colour mood should affect the appearance/lighting.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

Hi there, same problem here. Color mood does not change when selected since the last patch…See below. Does not change to night mood when selected or any other.

Hi @TommoChocolate
We are currently tracking this issue, thanks for your report! :slight_smile:

1 Like

this bug is back again haha. In the editor, the color moods work fine but ingame, they did’nt work. It’s the same problem for all of my friends.

1 Like

Hey @Azmac93

thanks for the report!

Could you tell me how exactly this is occurring? For me it seems to work fine whenever I test a scenario in the editor, or launch a custom scenario via skirmish. Color mood is working as expected there.

1 Like

Thank you for the response :slight_smile:

I checked it again and i can confirm it still works in campaign missions (first orlean mission with winter mood)
But in random map scipts it doesn’t work anymore.
I’ve created an example with older screenshots. On the left you can see the ‘‘old’’ screenshots. On the right you can see actual screenshots (these are the same random maps. The color mood is clearly missing

1 Like

Thanks @Azmac93

I have added it to our internal ticket :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still not fixed after the update. I don’t want to be pushy but i can’t find the issue under the ‘‘known issues’’ site ( https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049490811 ) and i hope the problem will not be forgotten. I know it’s more of a niche problem for people who make own random maps but it’s really bothering for some cool custom random maps (and also for some original random maps). They just look wrong without the color mood. :frowning:

1 Like

tested it again. It’s still not working in random maps. Also it doesn’t work in custom szenarios too.

1 Like

Yep.

Feels like the colour temperature lighting is straight up gone.