Combining Age of Empires 1, 2, and 3 into one game

Just a thought that I wanted to share with all and if agreed, count me in as a partner.

Combining Age of Empires 1, 2, and 3 into one game presents exciting possibilities and challenges. Integrating diverse gameplay mechanics, eras, and graphics styles could enhance the gaming experience. However, balancing unit strengths, tech trees, and ensuring a cohesive narrative may pose challenges. Additionally, addressing fan expectations and optimizing performance for various devices would be crucial for success.

Creating this game requires a thoughtful approach:

1. Comprehensive Design Document:

• Outline the vision, gameplay mechanics, and features.
    • Specify how elements from each Age of Empires game will be integrated.
  2. Unified Art Style:

• Develop a cohesive art style that harmonizes units, buildings, and landscapes from all three games.
  3. Unified User Interface (UI):

• Design an intuitive and consistent UI that accommodates elements from each Age of Empires installment.
  4. Balanced Gameplay:

• Ensure a balanced and enjoyable experience by harmonizing unit stats, civilizations, and technologies from all three games.
  5. Tech Compatibility:

• Choose a game engine and technology stack that supports the integration of features from different eras while maintaining performance.
  6. Storyline Integration:

• Create a compelling narrative that weaves together the historical contexts of Age of Empires 1, 2, and 3.
  7. Multiplayer Integration:

• Implement a robust multiplayer system that supports cross-era gameplay and balances competitive elements.
  8. Testing and Iteration:

• Conduct extensive play testing to identify and address any imbalances or issues arising from the combination of game elements.
  9. Community Engagement:

• Involve the gaming community through forums and feedback sessions to incorporate player preferences and expectations.
  10. Optimization for Different Platforms:

• Optimize the game for various platforms, considering performance variations on PC, consoles, and other devices.
  11. Post-Launch Support:

• Plan for ongoing support, updates, and patches to address any issues and introduce new content.

By addressing these requirements, you can increase the likelihood of creating a successful game that seamlessly combines elements from Age of Empires 1, 2, and 3.

So basically Rise of Nations capped to englightenment age and maybe with an implementation of home city cards and unique techs?

You caught my drift Hjoerleif!!

Wouldn’t it be easier to make a Rise of Nations mod, I don’t see the unique appeal this Age combo game would have to warrant a separate release…

This post is AI generated

1 Like