⌛ COMING SOON! Age of Empires III: DE December Update!

Good day, explorers! I’m excited to share that a new update is on the way to Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition. Next week, a ton of new fixes and features will be packaged up into a new build for your game.

Here’s a sneak peek of what you can expect:

• :trophy: THE FIRST EVER Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition CHALLENGE EVENT!
  • :zap: Stability and Performance improvements
  • :smiley: Profile Avatars
  • :art: Stockholm (Home City) Customizations!
  • :page_with_curl: Casual Rank info in lobbies
  • :globe_with_meridians: New map pools!
  • :sparkles: …and more!

Watch for more information soon, and have a great weekend!

29 Likes

not to INDIANS, CHINESE, JAPANESE, INCA, AZTEC, LAKOTA, HAUDENOSAUNEE?

what is the point of gaining XP on their homecities then?

4 Likes

This is far from the final update to the game…! :slight_smile:

20 Likes

A challenge event!!!

The Last AOE2 event was great so I’m pretty hyped for this one.

Not as hyped as I am for the crashes fixes and stability improvements tho. I hope they were the priority.

1 Like

I hope units getting stuck in random objects will be fixed.

4 Likes

The door is open for customization options in future updates… They will have to get really creative with the Lakota and Haudenosaunee’s HCs, since they aren’t exactly cities.

2 Likes

Big thanks for listening the community ! keep the good work :slight_smile:

Ohhh maaaan of you add customizations for all home cities is going to be so awesome!

1 Like

I really hope to buff the Doppelsoldner base statistics. This unit is performing far below.

1 Like

Big hype for this one! Hoping everything goes crystal and the patch land smoothly.
Thanks for continued support we’re getting on DE. Keep it coming!

Any chance for a patch notes spoiler before next week? :smiley:

When the scenario bug fix?

Looking forward to the update, looks like it will be a beefy one and with a wide scope. There are many opportunities for new and expanded features, but it’s also important to get right what is already there.

1 Like

I will patienly wait for the update that includes the customization of Chinese and Japanese Home Cities! One question though. Are you fixing the issue where by your Home City gets to a higher level in a skirmish game, but then when you return to main interface of the game the Home City has not level up? Thank you!

Why not make a video like the teaser of AOE2 DE patchs?

2 Likes

I hope other serious issues are being fixed before events and cosmetic changes.
The game in its current form feels like a beta more than a released product. A lot of people are losing patience.

3 Likes

Nah just a little creativity works.
Lakota: more buffalo, a pet coyote/wolf, different paint patterns for the teepees, horse colors, night time with a bonfire (evening star/morning star?)
Aztec: different color buildings, fishing boats, temple ritual, night time, different crops
Hadanause: variations on the buildings, Sunset, a mantlet, big bonfire, fall leaves

The bigger issue is probably doing all the work for it when other things take priority.

1 Like

I hope “A ton of new fixes” contains at least some of the fixes for translation issues…

Oh boy, yes. Hope some love for modders too for the scenario mode

1 Like

So, profile avatars are more important to you than actually fixing the issue of updates breaking mods every times, the lack of bigger maps (unless new map pools is actually this) and higher population caps, which many are requesting?

Good to know where your priorities are.

Yes, I don’t understand. It looks like an unfinished game… please finish it before expanding it. But, I must admit, seeing a brand new campaign would be nice.

1 Like