Comments Off on New Season Patch

My point is that this update really, really sucks.
Nowadays siege weapons can be said to be worthless in the castle era, my Mangonel not only can’t output damage when facing the enemy’s long-range troops but also be quickly demolished by archers and crossbowmen, and in the empire era, it’s still impressive if there is a tech to support it, but the problem is that this tech needs to consume a whopping 2,200 amount of resources, and it’s hard to be researched by most of the peoples. As for Springald, it’s a waste right now because no one is even going to bother producing large amounts of melee infantry.
You know what the best quality unit against sieges is now, it’s the English Longbowmen, which late game can destroy any siege weapon, which I think is a very humorous thing to do.
And again, Culverin, why would it still move at a lower speed than a Bombard with the same positioning in today’s scenario, I don’t understand why that is, and originally, because the peoples that have Culverin and don’t have a special siege weapon don’t have a Ribauldequin except for the French and the JD, which takes all the peoples that have Culverin from an original siege advantage to a huge disadvantage.
France and JD’s cavalry lifesteal tech, which is cheaper than biology when it can be researched in Castle Age and works better, makes their Royal Knights very difficult to counter in Castle Age, and almost all of the opponents I’ve encountered in the last few days of the game have been France and JD, which is what you guys would like to see as well?
Several of my close friends have uninstalled Age of Empires IV because of this update. i hope the officials will do a proper job of modifying it for the next patch.

Let’s give the patch some time. There are so many good and positive things in this update! I’ve played a few games and I’ve enjoyed them all. What needs to be improved will be in the next patches.

2 Likes