Compaign AI won't correctly research several military techs

I recently started playing the sundjata campaign and noticed this issue there too.
I did find it weird i was fighting m@a all the way. campaign was also too easy due to this.

Developers have let us down too many times. Campaigns account for half, or perhaps more, of the game’s content, so we expect them to be playable.

2 Likes

PLZ FIX IT
Its almost six months already

Today’s Patch 78757 didn’t fix this bug yet

This happens in custom campaigns too, such as “the golden horde”.

Did you try and old save or a new save?

Here’s some pictures
Bari 4 : The Best Laid Plans

2 years ago
Papal States had researched Two-Handed Swordsman

Today
Papal States only have Man-at-Arms

And Campaign AIs look like forget how to train trebuchets…
They seldom train trebuchets in all games.

Not only Long Swordsman AI also forget how to research so many technologies
like Halberdier, Paladin, Onager

1 Like

I talked with the team about this, thanks for the info @Leucocytozoon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can confirm Leucocytozoon’s claim that campaign AIs don’t train trebuchets. Happened to me when I noticed purple was not making trebuchets in the fourth Dracula scenario.

It has been 0.5 year and 2 days since this issue had been tracked by dev team as @ConvertThis4915 replied.
Is there any actual progress to share?

1 Like

Thank u very much
Now we can play Campaigns…?

But I find that Campaign AIs still don’t like to train trebuchets.

You should try other campaigns to test if AI trains Trebuchets, because “The Best Laid Plans” has been nerfed a year ago. (Should be changed in update 44725, according to AOE wiki)

The most obvious change is the Red AI used to say the line “Our mighty siege engine…” and start train Trebuchets in very early stage of the game, now they say the line in late game instead.

I am not a fan of this change since it make the campaign much, much, mush less challenging, and less fun to play.

But, it proved the Devs made some intentional changes to this campaign, specifically about AI training trebuchets.

1 Like

It’s not gonna be fixed until further updates, I can’t provide an ETA, but the team is aware of these issues.

The issue seems to be resolved with the Spicy Update (Update 81058).
At least the campaign Hard AI is researching the missing techs again (Long Swordsman, Two Handed Swordsman, Champion, Hussar, …).
Tested on Barbarossa 3 with 8x Speed, Aegis enabled.

I just saw, it is also mentioned in the changelog:

• Fixed an issue where some campaign AIs would no longer research certain technologies on higher difficulties.
2 Likes

And according to the same patch notes the trebuchet issue should be fixed, although I haven’t tested it yet:

• Fixed an issue where AI was unable to make Trebuchets in some campaign missions.
2 Likes

Finally, they fixed it in the PuP!

1 Like