Concepts: Armenians and Georgians

Donjons are build by Serjeants and Serjeants are trained at Donjons, this natural egg-and-chicken cycle will always be the Sicilians’ characteristic and identity since even the Feudal age. I think the facts that it still need an UT to unlock and only Villagers can build towers make Georgians very different from Sicilians.

With multiple towers, players don’t need to build more barracks or archery ranges. Once the tower is counterattacked, you can directly train and garrison archers, or directly train infantry to deal with them. It will serve as one of the effects of this UT, encouraging players to aggressively tower rush in the mid to late game. For balance, mounted units cannot be trained at towers.

It’s fine. Since those are not included, the only techs that cost a lot of gold are unit upgrades, such as Paladin upgrade. Also, every other late game tech only saves around 100 or so gold, such as the plate armors and chemistry.

But I guess the most important thing is that the loom only costs 25 gold, which will allow them to have a better start on the open map.

A bit off topic.
This can be the name of a Caucasian DLC.

Battle of Two Worlds.

1 Like

I found a term that very fit the title of DLC.
Antemurale Christianitatis, or Bulwark of Christendom.

1 Like

All the previous DLC’s had a geographical part attached to the name west east india.

I dont get the hype around Armenians. They were very weak.

To me it’s more about “what uniquely designed unit focus or tech tree basis can this specific civ do that others cannot?”

Vandals: Yea cool Gaeseric and all that but wait… historical basis for a focus on Demo Ships that actually won a major naval confrontation against Byzantium? Yes please!

Sogdians/Alans: Both these civs are at a cornerstone of Steppe and elephantine tech with a focus on cavalry meaning the potentially fullest stables? Cool that deserves a look!

American Civs: More eagles preferably a civ that isn’t “Eagles get an Imp Age tech that boosts their full armory access and has a Castle Age UT for skirmishers) we only have 3 and that’s a big crime of crimes!

More Sahara civs: something to do with Salt trade and or almost a shoe in for the Celt infantry bonus version for trade carts as a Caravans replacement? Awesome give me those camel riding trade masters.

It’s all about what bonuses and unique tech tree stuff you can do.

Tbh pretty sure Sogdians didnt have eles

They did hold lands in india so maybe? Dont forget his nubian civi has elephants too.

Nubia did use elephants. Technically Ethiopians did as well. So it might not be a centerpiece unit, fun tech tree appearance is important and I can Google search plenty of Acumite elephant usage.

Pretty sure they or anyone else other than south and south east asian civis didnt use elephants in the middle ages.

I don’t want to fatigue this thread. So TLDR of what I want to wall of text with: we need a situation where a player can use some combo of camel and battle elephant or lancer and elephant. While not vital to revolve around these units they could be fun to have access to.

What is the source of Nubian elephants? As far as I know they never used them.

We could have already had this opportunity with either Gurjaras or Hindustanis but the devs said no which indicates that they don’t want a civ with both battle eles and camels.

1 Like

Hey men, I made some adjustments to the original post based on feedback and discussions.
I believe these adjustments can lead to a better experience for the Armenians and Georgians I designed.

That sounds like quitter talk. It’s not conducive to an continuous stream of civs.

My nature as a civ crafting fiend won’t let me accept that as a surrender.

I see that you and me both have in common with giving Georgians an infantry UU instead of a cavalry UU tho my concept of the Khevsur is to have a siege(mangonels and scorpions)-resistance shield.

Another thing that I had in mind before is the monasteries that can heal but as a unique regional building for both Georgians and Armenians…Also for Armenians I thought about giving them a UT that makes castles and TCs’ aura heal units as a reference to Cilician Armenia’s hospitality to crusaders.

For Georgians I had a UT called Kvevri that gives you and the team ~500 food, like the original Vietnamese Paper Money that got changed.
edit: also unique Svan towers that can give some tiny boost to nearby units

These are all some of my random ideas tho I’m not much of a civ concept crafter but I’m impressed with most of your concepts for both of them.

Not bad. Really interesting idea.
This is full of potential in the late game on closed maps.

Dislike the abuse of area effects. You can see that I make Armenian Monasteries able to fast heal nearby units “one by one”.
Also, directly garrisoned into castles and TCs can heal faster.

The mid to late game is not so lacking in food, it’s not worth building a castle and researching UT for it as an emergency button in my opinion.

Not a fan of aura effects, sorry.

1 Like