Confused: Found this?

Ok, was looking at 4th of July sales on several gaming retail sites, and I came across, “Green Man Gaming”, and they were advertising AoE: DE, which i figured would be normal, but as I looked over their ad, they show and stated, that the game would be on Steam, and if you brought the game from them they would send you the CD activation Key for steam. We here in the insider program know its only going to be in the window’s 10 store, unless something has changed and it just has not been accounted yet, but I dont know. Any thoughts?

P.S. Here is the link to the site and Ad: Green Man Gaming

Most likely a mistake by GMG. Although I would not be suprised if AoE:DE comes to Steam after everyone who is willing to buy it from Windows Store has bought it there. This way they would both attract users to Windows Store and get more sales for the game though Steam. But if they were to do that, I don’t think they would tell anyone yet.

Could be its sort of a place holderbecause they dont have windows store icons yet, or a mistake.
Would be nice if we did not have to use the windows store though.

@smitske said:
Could be its sort of a place holderbecause they dont have windows store icons yet, or a mistake.
Would be nice if we did not have to use the windows store though.

The only issue with it being a place holder is it a Microsoft only game which Microsoft has stated it is only available through there store only, its Microsoft exclusive, so GMG has no business in selling or advertising the game period.

Quite interesting… I don’t want to have any hope about this, but those ‘‘filtrations’’ sometimes reveal the truth…

Exclusive release on W10, but later release on Steam too… seems very possible to me.

@the_choson_one said:
Quite interesting… I don’t want to have any hope about this, but those ‘‘filtrations’’ sometimes reveal the truth…

Exclusive release on W10, but later release on Steam too… seems very possible to me.

Especially if they are planning on adding future xpacs to the game, I mean i dont know how Window 10 store works in that way with DLC and stuff, but you never know.

Well I’m pretty sure that this Windows Store exclusivity thing will end once Microsoft skims the market as die-hard fans buy there. Ignoring the leading sales channel usually kills the product, so I expect AoE:DE to hit Steam some day.

I think that after a “test” period on the windows store ( resolving bugs and optimazing multiplayer ), they will definetly release it on steam. It would be foolish not to do it.

For what was shown at E3 most of the games that Microsoft presented as exclusive are exclusive for a given time and then will be released to other platforms. Will this also happen with our beloved AOE DE? Hope so!

hope we all re right about this , we need this for steam for real .