Conq nerf

When nerfing something, you have to consider the civ. If the civ doesn’t need nerf (which is the case here), you can’t nerf someting without buffing something else.
Here, i think conqs do not need any nerf because, as it was said, it’s hard to get to conqs.

In Castle Age, they were OP even before recent gunpowder projectile speed buff (5.5 to 7.5), -1 range wouldn’t kill them. Melee units are hopeless against Conqs, only range units are doing something. Conq should be weaker against range unit in Castle Age, it is necessary. On the other hand, in Imperial Age Conqs are trash, thusI proposed to give them +20% attack speed and +1 attack, 2.4 RoF and 19 attack.

In Castle Age, range is a matter of life or death. Losing 1 range would kill them.

If we nerf conqs then I request nerfs to Jannissary (because they have 8 range in castle age so they outrange everything that isn’t briton xbows) and Organ Gun (double castle organ gun says hi)

It is also bad design that Spanish only rely on Conquistador in Castle Age. Maybe they should get Bloodlines and Husbandry 50% cheaper to give Spanish additional option because with current Spanish eco, they have no unit other than Conquistador in Castle Age.

Spanish

• Bloodlines and Husbandry are 50% cheaper.
  • (Elite) Conquistador’s accuracy increases from 60%, 70% (Elite) → 75%.
  • Conquistador’s range decreases from 6 → 5.
  • Elite Conquistador rate of fire decreases from 2.9 → 2.4, attack 18 → 19.

Burgundians have 50% cheaper Stable techs, so that is just an overlap,

Just give them, scout returns 30% food on death

It can be applied, too but I think 30% food return thing feels weird and unhistorical.

Burgundians doesn’t have bloodlines only husbandry, in addition point of Burgundian bonus is Castle Age Cavalier and fast Imperial Paladin. My proposed bonus and Burgundians bonus work very differently.

Or just apply the Blacksmith bonuses to stables
Edit* free Bloodlines and Husbandry that also helps their Conqs just as much as their regular cav

Hussar (600 gold), Cavalier (300 gold) and Paladin (750 gold) upgrade cost 1650 gold, it is OP bonus in late game and doesn’t help Spanish Feudal and Castle Age much except removing bloodlines 100 gold. This bonus will support fast Imperial Age game play mostly. Spanish is best civ in late game already. With this bonus, Spanish will be best of best.

1 Like

fair point, how about their university upgrades then?

Without crossbows its not very useful to say the least

If conq get nerf in castle age, Spanish will probably go for knight. But they wont rely on gunpowder units. This makes them somewhat like Portuguese in Castle age, turning Spanish more generic.