Consistent crashes

Every game I’ve played today (out of like 8-10) except for two I have crashed.
16 gb ram
amd ryzen 5 6-core @ 3.2 ghz
geforce 1050

Running out of reasons to play since every game crashes once things starts getting interesting. I don’t even think it crashed this much in the previous patch which is even more bewildering. Around 2 months after release this kind of stuff shouldnt still be happening but it does and my team suffers because of it. My team mates have also been having similar crashes, one in particular with a pc leagues better than mine so “upgrade your hardware” isn’t an excuse to hide behind. Very reminiscent of HD where getting elo just meant not crashing or desyncing.

3 Likes

The game crashes when I want to delete saved games. it’s annoying.

I was winning and the game crashed to desktop for me too… no error, no nothing, just closed to desktop

so how long do we have to put up with this because there hasn’t been a day that i’ve played online where I didn’t crash. I just crashed from a 2v2v2v2 that my team was winning and that felt like the last straw, if this game didn’t move the majority of the playerbase to it i’d just stick to hd at this point. It’s absolutely appalling that this is an issue

Could you share game settings?

Also, how’s your PC setup? Drivers up to date? HDD/SSD are too full or too fragmentated? Any antivirus running on?

Hello! We will need some additional information to help you with your issue!

Before we begin: if you have not already, please try to work through the troubleshooting steps here to see if any of them address the problem:

If none of those steps work, please try to include the following information as a follow-up:

• Explain the problem. Provide as many details as possible! Where did it happen? When did it happen? What circumstances may have led to the problem?
  • Any Error Message(s) you receive.
  • Provide reproduction steps. A numbered list of steps describing how and when you encountered the issue will help us track it down in our internal environments.
  • Include an image. A good picture is worth a thousand words; a video or gif clearly highlighting the problem is even better!

In addition to these, the most helpful information you can provide are any error logs related to the crash, which should be located in one of these folders:

• C:\Users<WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\age2_x1\logs
  • …\Users\UserName\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs
  • In the Windows Event Viewer

Thank you!