Constant glitchy unit animations since recent patch

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #: v. 100.12.29715.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Unit animation is shaking constantly. All units are very glitchy and laggy due to the new patch, or possibly due to the new health bars. The issue has started immediately in the two multiplayer games I played though I did not notice it in skirmish mode (only tested for a minute in skirmish). The game is unplayable to me in this state, I can barely look at my units. Is it possible to revert to the old health bars if that is the issue? Other players have reported similar issues with unit animation. I am playing on a GTX 1660 graphics card and never had issues with poor performance until this patch.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS) in multiplayer.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start multiplayer game.
  2. Quit in first minute because of constant shaky animation.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

We were supposed to have health bars that didn’t break the other animations in the game.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

9 Likes

Same here man… The unit walking animation skips frames. This issue is more visible in multiplayer games than in Skirmish mode

6 Likes

Same! Intense lag coupled with not being able to click on things through other objects, like buildings or trees.

7 Likes

VERY VERY intense lag and glitch. I had several games and EVERYONE was complaining. In Discord server also complaining so it is a general bug from the patch.

PLEASE FIX this week

7 Likes

It is painful to play this game now. The animations are absolute trash.

Please issue a rollback to previous patch.

7 Likes

yes, annoying laggy since last update, can‘t micro.

5 Likes

agreed, also experiencing much more choppy unit animations than before.

5 Likes

same here and just since this latest patch

6 Likes

Same here, hard to play like this. Hope they can patch it soon

3 Likes

I’m also getting really bad lag and stutter despite constant 60 fps framerate. This is new since the update on the 8th. It only occurs in multiplayer for me, and it starts at the beginning of the game and continues throughout.

2 Likes

Same here, its awful.

2 Likes

you know what’s interesting is the immense noise that comes from the developers’ silence on this matter, no apologies, no explanations, and soon there’s a patch with notes blaming the players’ computer

Yay! The hotfix has fixed all and also fixed Siberia! Woohoo! Thank you devs.

4 Likes