While modding with Content Editor, when I add some weapons or unit visuals to 2-3 civilization from other civilizations thy work with no visual red box error. However, when I try to add other civilization I get Pre-cached Red Box Visual Error then other civilizations are affected too which the working weapon etc visuals become as Pre-cached Red Box Visual Error.
I am really confused why is this happening that affected my whole mod that I am at a point cannot start a new project; but when I open a fresh project in Content Editor to check if I get that Pre-cached Red Box Visual Error again, and yes even with a new project that Pre-cached Red Box Visual Error still continous.
What I don’t understand is that, how it worked well and then it stopped working to get this Pre-cached Red Box Visual Error.
Anyone knows how to fix this Pre-cached Red Box Visual Error? thank you very much.
clone the same units in the sbps (if you haven’t yet) adjust any values of sections with the same name as sections from ebps but that start with squad_ that you’ve changed, to reflect the changes made in the ebps;
Must admit I’ve come here for a similar issue. Momento is the one who’s helped me so far with getting custom buildings into the UI menu. But my houses are now red boxes, cannot find that pre cache drop-down in my .rdo, really struggling with this
To use a visual model from a different civilization without any errors at your current civilization, while in the gameplay, both civilizations should be in the same gameplay. However, there is no other alternative for an absolute error fix for this problem unless AOE4 developers made your civilizations to be compatible with other civilization dataset as default where we cannot access to that section in the Content Editor.
For example, I want to use Dane Tent or Military Tent visual models but right now because of the reasons I explained before in my previous comments, I cannot add tent model visuals to any civilizations right now, even I open a fresh project file in Content Editor.
It is like +6 months already without any reply or solution from AOE4 developers to fix this problem. It is same for Mongol AI not working in my mod after the new patch… Thy change something at every new patch; but they don’t add any fix at Content Editor counterpart…
Same issue, I’m writing a mod that let Mongols build palisade, it’s using Chinese palisade ebps, while there is a Chinese in game, everything works fine, but if there is no Chinese, every palisade looks like a red box.