- GAME BUILD #: #95810 (31 Oct 2023)
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
In the second mission of the Thoros campaign, enemy units converted by monks do not change color when converted. See the screenshot, where I have 3 crossbows and a longswordsmen under my control, but they are still in purple, which was their original color. They behave like my own units, in the screenshot you can see that the units are assigned to control groups as well, together with other units. I also converted some cataphracts from the blue player during this missing (not shown in the screenshot), but they changed to orange like expected.
My guess would be that this is campaign-specific and has something to do with the extra scenario rules that ensure that converted Byzantine general hero units switch to a grey color and cannot be controlled by the player. However, the bug is with purple units and not with the blue units that the generals are part of, so that is strange.
- 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
I think this happened to most or all converted units from purple, but to no units from blue. I only played the first two missions of the new Thoros campaign on this build with this new DLC, so I can’t say anything about skirmish or multiplayer.
- Start the 2nd mission of the Thoros campaign (I chose ‘Hard’ difficulty).
- Create a few normal monks from fortified churches.
- Convert units from purple that roam around the map or at some point attack you.
Converted units turn to the player color, which is orange in the campaign.