Could you give us more American and African content?

Well they did find Polynesian products in Peru, Southern as well as central Americas and a lot of cultural+linguistic aspects + products in South East Asia showing that the Polynesians (Mouri,Tonga,Samoans and more) had traderoutes and diplomatic connections all over the Pacific , thus they did interact with civs such as Malay,Khmer,Inca and Aztechs.

If they do add the Polynesians to the game I would love for them to have a Dock UU the Catamaran - fast moving trade cogs that fires defensive arrows whilst traveling along trade routes.

Polynesians/ Tuʻi Tonga Empire.

Tribal infantry and naval civ

Civ has no war gallies nor fire ships but instead have tribal war catamarans that is 0.5 pop space.
UU castle/Luakini: Ali’i/Maori warrior - Wielding an elongated wooden club bristling with shark teeth all along its edges. Can traverse (swim over) narrow rivers and small bodies of water .
Unique tech 1: Haka - Infantry gain + 1 attack and + 1 armour.
Unique tech 2: Fa’amatai : Stellar navigators allows all coastlines to become explored and all great fish to become visible .
Civ team bonus : Increased fishing ship gather rate.
Civ bonus: Shore fish last longer.
Wonder : Moai (Stone heads )

Either that (especially Caucasus with unique bsets) or if we go with an overoptimistic route to please most people here then we could have a final 5-civ Forgotten 2.0 DLC but I doubt it would ever happen :pensive:

2 Likes

The euro civs were already too numerous in Age2x and FE with almost half of them being from Europe .

Nah I think Italians are fine as they are

1 Like

download (1)

Keeping hist.battles aside , we have 5 campaigns in Africa page out of which 3 take place mostly or entirely outside of Africa (Francesco d’Almeida , Saladin ,Tariq ibn Ziyad )

1 Like

Saracen Berbers Mali Ethiopia all held lands in africa.

1 Like

Tbh Saracens are kind of an stretch, but yeah they can represent Egypt and stuff

Even if you count Saracens as African civ (which would make Tatars, Turks, Berbers, Saracens, Mongols European civs too considering they controlled some land for some time in Europe), it would still be 5 (counting Porto and Sara too) African civs compared to 20+ European civs.

3 complete african civis 2 central asian 3 meso 1 indian 4 sea 4 east asian compared to europe.

1 Like

So you agree that one half of the civs are European while the rest of the world has to share the other I see.

Don’t you think that it might be a better call to take care of the continents which need the most new civs instead of keep adding civs in regions where you can easily find a neighbouring substitute civs?

1 Like

I never disagreed there are too much europe factions but that is no reason to add isolated people groups that fits aoe3 and colonial era.

2 Likes

To be fair, it is a game set in the Middle Ages or Medieval period, both which imply European history between the fall of Rome and the Renaissance . I’m all for adding variety of civs because they are interesting and fun, but it’s not really an expectation to represent every culture of the world equally in a game with such a defined focus.

5 Likes

Exactly this is not a civilizations game.

Europe has the better documented history and more fitting stories to tell.

4 Likes

Isolation always depends on the reference point as @SoleFrog1297715 already said:

Even the base game had not this perspective with the presence of East Asian civs. And the fact that the very first expansion by the original devs focused on the Americas makes this point even more moot in my opinion.

3 Likes

Nah, there’s no sense in disfavor all the rest of the world because an old, incorrect and full of prejudice naming of a time period.

6 Likes

Not really if they wanted to do that why are incas missing?

Lets take a hypothetical situation and assume tonga and samoa are added.they obviously need a new building set, do we know enough leader names for them?for wonders it will be made up buildings or the easter island heads for both.does this seem ok?

https://aok.heavengames.com/gameinfo/conquerors-expansion

They thought the New World civs were the most exciting to add.

The Incas weren’t picked because I’ve read somewhere (can’t find the link anymore) they wanted to do them properly because they would have needed another architecture set. Instead we got now Inca with Meso architecture which doesn’t fit them at all due to the mod nature of the Forgotten Empires civilization.

The topic was American and American civs though you would exactly do the same like with every other civ. You would need to do some research on both of them about their history and leaders before adding them in. This counts for every new civ.

You wouldn’t want Poles have the Alhambra as new wonder and William Wallace as leader either.

6 Likes

Sandy is not telling what is written in that article now.time stamp 3.20

you cant really do much research when there is no recorded history during a specific time period.

1 Like

In quite a lot of areas outside of Europe, especially regions which didn’t know the written word, history was stored via oral traditions. So yes, there are records of past events, just not in book form like Western history is.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/25167942

He’s saying the Aztecs were cool and that Koreans were a last minute addition which wasn’t planned which was felt through the design.

The game would be missing a lot of great civs without the Conquerors expansion.

4 Likes

Also, we just have enough to add a ton of civs. Just because we know a lot more about Aztecs doesnt mean civs like Nubians dont have enough material for a civ design and a campaign

1 Like

Yeah no this is just nonsensical dribble. Altough I love European history as well as my European ancestory ‘‘Medieval period’’ is exactly that… a period in time, no where is that linked to an exclusive region. We know it as the Medieval period because we speak English, thust our ancestory was part of the vast British empire whom recorded history from their European view. Yes during this time period some regions had more complex ,internationally intermingling societies than others (Comparing Europe,Africa,ME and Asia to places like North America and Australia) but during this entire time period, you had complex interactions, immegrations ,wars, diplomacy and trade all over most of the known world, not once is the Medieval era reserved for Europe only.

Once more, eventhough you have intense detailed stories of history to tell of Europeans, every civ has the same amount of stories and why exclude civs that are lesser known in the west when the empires in the west also interacte with them ,thus expanding on telling the stories of Europe as well as the multitudes of other civs.

Game was released with numerous civilisations form all over the globe…how is this NOT a game about civs and the histories of civs?

2 Likes