Could you give us more American and African content?

Talking about world morality in medieval times is a complicated matter, on the other hand, many of the Native American peoples that coexisted with colonialism practiced canivalism (Iroquois, Apache, Karankawa, Jivaro, Caribe, Mapuche, etc.), without However, it is necessary to specify that they did not practice canivalism out of nutritional necessity, but out of a sense of “warrior prestige” and generally practiced canivalism in times of war.

American civilizations with an advanced social structure did not practice canivalism but they did practice human sacrifices on some occasions (Aztecs, Mayas, Incas, Chimu, etc.), but the films should not be taken as a reference, they did so at specific times and they also made political sense (assassinating rival political groups, prisoners of war, natural disasters, subjugation of conquered peoples, etc.)

The world is not “black and white”, but a grayscale of greater or lesser intensity, or do you forget that it happened in Europe during the time of the black plague?

Atlal darts are not capable of piercing plate. Here we go again

Ignorance is bliss

1 Like

Good phrase, perhaps many would be happier with the pre-conceived and idealized concept of the medieval world, but personally I find human history fascinating, the difficult thing is to be impartial when reading a story.

It depends on the model and the quality, although generally the Plate (knight) armor used to withstand the shots of Atlatl, the infantry armor was lighter (to facilitate the mobility of the soldier on foot). Also, not all infantrymen wore plate armor.

2 Likes

I know, but she stated it can go through plate which is wrong. Mail, cotton, leather ofc, not plate.

And it is very mobile on foot because it only needs to protect front in most circumstances. So it was extra thick etc on the front.
Edit: it seems the word i meant is plate cuirass

Again, I have provided sources that literally do the math behind it. It’s likely that the Aztec atlatls would have been reliably capable of piercing plate more than their own ichcahuipilli armor, hence why the Spanish wore ichcahuipilli so often more than their own plate. It’s probably got a lot to do with the quality of Spanish iron being used highly fluctuating, whereas ichcahuipilli would have been much easier to make and more reliably made well.

2 Likes

Sourcesi am yet to see. Also you are dreaming of you think Aztec armor would stop this but Spanish plate wouldn’t

1 Like

@Dustydeadly read the first source.

Considering the recent announcement of a roadmap, I really hope they’ll consider giving us an American and/or African expansion this time. The possibilites of new factions and campaigns are sheer endless.

The opposite would quite dissappoint me to be honest.

Perhaps a campaign on Deganawida and Hiawatha during the sixteenth century (1535-1595) where they fight against native peoples of Canada, meet the french explorer Jacques Cartier and found the Iroquois Confederation in 1580.The Iroquois may be the Kwedech described in the oral legends of the Mi’kmaq nation of Eastern Canada. These legends relate that the Mi’kmaq in the late pre-contact period had gradually driven their enemies – the Kwedech – westward across New Brunswick, and finally out of the Lower St. Lawrence River region. The Mi’kmaq named the last-conquered land Gespedeg or “last land,” from which the French derived Gaspé. The “Kwedech” are generally considered to have been Iroquois, specifically the Mohawk; their expulsion from Gaspé by the Mi’kmaq has been estimated as occurring c. 1535–1600.

Around 1535, Jacques Cartier reported Iroquoian-speaking groups on the Gaspé peninsula and along the St. Lawrence River. Archeologists and anthropologists have defined the St. Lawrence Iroquoians as a distinct and separate group (and possibly several discrete groups), living in the villages of Hochelaga and others nearby (near present-day Montreal), which had been visited by Cartier.

Of course, a Mayan campaign in the seventh or twelfth century and a campaign of Belisarius…