Couldn't launch

Hi Development Team of AOE 2 DE,

Hi, I couldn’t launch AOE 2 DE and such problem is even worse when I had installed Enhanced Graphics Packs. What info I can provide to help? Thanks.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD 101.101.43210.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hi Edward,

Not part of their team, but I might be able to help you.

Did you check the support topics already regarding your issue?
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition – Age of Empires Support

It would be helpful if you could upload or post a link to your latest dxdiag report, but some some technical details about your system in general could do too.

The EGP only has use if you run the game on a 4K monitor btw.

Did you check the support topics already regarding your issue? I roughly checked but seemed I couldn’t find the solutions.

I posted my dxdiag images as the above, do these help?

What does EGP mean?

Thanks

EGP stands for Enhanced Graphics Pack

Does the issue also happen when playing single player skirmish with AI or campaign mode?

Or is it strictly related while launching a multiplayer game as host or joining a multiplayer game and on launching screen it crashes?

Do you also have Steam cross play enabled at your https://account.xbox.com account settings?

Also check some other settings regarding playing games and privacy there.

Your system specs look very fine by the way.

Could you also check through the NVidia control panel if the game uses your GTX 1650 graphics card?

And welcome here of course.