Had a few card ideas which I might share later but this is probably the one I’m most fond of:
Card: Cranequins:
- Makes crossbowmen fire 10% faster, sends 3 cranequiners and enables them in commanderies and stables (500 coin) (age 2 card)
- Available to: Malta, Italy, France, Germany, Spain
I thought this would be a cool idea as it would buff crossbows for a few civs, and introduce a more stable way of getting cranequiners (which are awesome units btw)This card would synergize well with crossbow builds but also help some civs have more cav options.
Furthermore, it would freshen some civs up and just seems pretty epic overall.
The civs suggested seem the best choices historically but let me know your thoughts!
Thanks 
3 Likes
Interesting idea. Though, I would suggest the card also be available for other Euro civilizations that have Crossbowmen as well. The civs that can train them include the French, Germans, Maltese, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedes, Danes, and Poles. Also including Italy since they have Pavisiers which function similarly. Maybe throw in that card for the Livonia revolution since they have Order Crossbowmen.
Good point, I think I would agree but not for the poles lol their cav is op as is lol
Poles can already train Cranequiners at Taverns if they do the Merc contractor age-up. This new card would just make them available at Stables too. They would still have to compete with Pancerni cavalry archers, which can get pretty stacked.
Can they? I thought it allowed them to train fusiliers and gallowglass? What am I missing?
Even so, maybe the card wouldn’t be available to them then idk
Yeah, I don’t believe the Fandom wiki page has updated the politician’s page yet. Playing as the Poles, if you select the Mercenary Contractor as an Age-up politician in the Fortress Age, you unlock Cranequiners and Gallowglass at Taverns.
I wish the Danes got something like that too but there were so few mercenaries introduced in Baltic Powers, maybe the devs didn’t want to make a duplicate age up bonus. The Fusilier would be solid pick for one of the mercs choices.
Maybe they could bring back the old Hackapell merc unit? It’s still in the definitive edition, just locked to the campaigns and some unknown maps. Giving to the Danes as an Age-up bonus would allow it to be used a bit more often.
I just checked today and yea the poles get the fusilier and gallowglass at the tavern sadly, no cranequinier 
The hackapell would be interesting though!
Was it a glitch? I played a match not that long ago as Poles and was able to use Cranequiners from the tavern after choosing the merc age up. They fit well enough with the Polish army’s focus on cavalry. They are also one of the very few units tagged as ranged heavy cavalry.
They might just have been available on the map you were on? I’m not sure. Give it another try and let me know