Crash after playing a standard game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.50292.06958215
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I was just playing the “Win as the Burgundians.” event challenge and the game ran without problems. After winning the game and getting to the statistics screen the game crashed without an error message.

Also, the game crashes 100% of the time when attempting to load a save game from an older game build but I guess that’s because older save games are just not compatible anymore.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

I have played some games and it doesn’t happen all the time.

• 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. play a game
  2. leave the map and go to the statistics screen
  3. game crashes

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The game should not crash.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

1 Like

same problem………………always crashes after winning as Burgendians

Mine crashes every time I win as the Sicilians while trying to get that challenge

1 Like

Does not matter Burgendians of Sicilians. My game crashed also as Mongol, Malay and Celts. The game just keeps crashing since the last patch.
I also get disconnected from the XBox Account if I restart the game after an crash.

Same, the game crashes almost everytime after I play with the burgundians, only it does not even get to the statistics screen, it crashes during the victory animation. It only did not crash once (out of 4), and still the achievement for the event did not unlock.

1 Like

Can confirm. For me it has crashes once that the AI surrendered and once when I think it was about to but it did not give the “notification”/taunt yet that it had surrendered. In both cases I was playing as the Sicilians trying to get the Donjon event achievement.

Exactly!!!
I crash for every challenge completed…
I can’t get the third challenge now… :frowning:

1 Like

crashed when I won my last EW game and some of my other ranked games

My game crashed when trying to complete the fifth challenge to train 20 Coustilliers in a Random Map vs Standard AI. I also won the game and the game crashed to Windows upon clicking on Leave Map to go to game statistics. When I restarted AOEII, I saw that the 6th challenge had the timer set for 22hrs+ & that all the Icons are unlocked.