Crash from possibly overlapping palisade foundations

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.46295.0 6421374
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

At 15-16 minutes into a match, I wanted to set up a wall a little west of my base. It was going to be a long wall, so I sent two villagers to make it. Specifically, I queued up the entire wall with one villager, realized it would be better with two of them, with each of them moving down one side of the wall towards each other. When the wall was nearly complete, I decided to tell ONE of the villagers to place a palisade gate on the few remaining wall foundations. She started building it, and I noticed that the other villager still appeared to still be building at the side of a placed gate when I did not cancel her order to build the wall. The game crashed for both myself and the other player immediately after that.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Have one villager queue up a long wall
  2. Shift-queue a second villager onto each foundation towards the middle starting from the opposite end of the wall foundations that were placed
  3. Place a palisade gate foundation with the second villager while the first villager is still building the wall at that location

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I expected the gate to place, the build order for those wall foundations to be canceled
and for the game to then proceed normally

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Arrow is pointing at the villager that was queued to build the whole wall from north to south. The bottom villager was instructed to make the gate on top of the wall foundations. Photo taken an instant before disaster.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like