Crash if there's no SWAP

Hi.

Because I have 16 Go of physical memory (and other reasons) I have deactivated SWAP file, it’s not useful for me.

The consequence is that Age Of Empire 4 crash few minutes after starting a game with this message (found in the Windows Event log) :
System - “Message de l’application : Windows - Mémoire virtuelle insuffisante : Votre système manque de mémoire virtuelle. Pour que Windows fonctionne correctement, augmentez la taille de votre fichier de pagination de mémoire virtuelle. Pour plus d’informations, consultez l’Aide.”
Application - "Nom de l’application défaillante dwm.exe, version : 10.0.19041.746, horodatage : 0x6be51595
Nom du module défaillant : KERNELBASE.dll, version : 10.0.19041.1348, horodatage : 0x76fcd692
Code d’exception : 0xc00001ad
Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000010b302
ID du processus défaillant : 0x4f4
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d7dcce31a488db
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Windows\system32\dwm.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
ID de rapport : fb343b7a-d06f-4ab8-afb2-b6e466c0fc22
Nom complet du package défaillant : "

And I have a print screen when the crash appends where you can see there’s no physical memory problem.

If I reactivate SWAP file this type of crash don’t append again.

Is this normal or could it be possible that Age Of Empire 4 don’t try to use SWAP is there’s no SWAP ?

Thank’s :wink:

Why do you feel the need to disable SWAP? I have 32 GB of RAM-- Still don’t really need a reason to turn it off.

I suppose it would ultimately depend on how AoE4 handles or uses physical or virtual memory. Swap is useful because applications that are either not being actively used or maybe the application knows this X amount of memory isn’t being used or needed at a moment’s notice – it can push it to virtual memory and store it on disk.

But chances are AoE4 is trying to drop memory on disk for particular things-- and you disabled it.

Thank’s for the reply.

I disabled SWAP because it can impact performance, too use SSD therefore impact it’s endurance (not only AOE 4).
I maybe wrong, but that’s the way I see it.

Other than that, I don’t see any parameters that can change the way AOE 4 works. I have others games that have no problem with this …