Crash in team game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 50830
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Yesterday (12.11.2021) I played with my friend 2 vs 2 ranked Supremacy game. His Steam nick is POTEZNY_TUR and he experienced problems. I’m creating this ticket in his behalf. He recorded a game (attached below).

Everything started normally, in the middle of the game he suddenly got black screen. Then the game minimized itself. He tried to open it in full screen again but he was not able to do it. Game closed itself and returned to Steam.

After a minute or two I saw in game message that he was disconnected. I don’t think there were any Internet issues (we were sitting next to each other in the same room, using the same network and I didn’t see any disturbances on my machine).

I also would like to say that we had once or twice a similar crash before (but on my computer). However it was a few months ago, game changed much in the meantime so I don’t know if we can assume it was the same issue.

Anyway, I don’t have much more information. But we are willing to do any troubleshooting to possibly fix this problem. So if there are any crash dumps or other files you would like to get - let me know.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

I can’t describe what exactly caused this issue. We played a few games, only this one crashed. My friend played as a Portuguesse. He has a fairly new laptop with components stronger than recommended to play with 1080p resolution (Windows 10, 16 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, AMD Ryzen 7 4800H). He also didn’t use any mods.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Game finished without a crash/disconnection.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

POTEZNY_TUR_crash.age3Yrec (4.6 MB)
I’m unable to open this file in game but maybe it contains some information which could be extracted manually.

1 Like

Hi @mkaras92

Unfortunately we did not see anything strange in the same game. This happens to your friend everytime?

I recommend them to verify their files in steam and reinstall the game. Maybe with that, the issue do not appear again if it is a problem with the local files.

If the problem still exist, please contact with support

https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Good luck!

Similar crash happened to me I guess once (a few months ago). POTEZNY_TUR has this crash a few times already (also a few months ago). Lately we played 6 or 7 games together and only this one crashed for my friend.

I don’t think that reinstalling the game or verifying game files will help in our case, but we both will try it anyway. We will contact support with all requested data if problem occurs again.
Thanks