These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
GAME BUILD #: latest build
GAME PLATFORM: Steam
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
crash, couldn’t really replicate it or find the reason as to why
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- play game
- sometimes crash sometimes doesnt
- hope can find a reason
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
not crash often
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
atached mdmp file
AoE2DESteam-56005-2022.01.26-21.22.19.mdmp (339.7 KB)
Hi @thieftdp8498 !
Could you provide to us more information? When does this crash happens? In a specific window or during gameplay?
Just to be sure that it is not something in your end, I recommend you to try some stuff:
- Deleting your user files. For deleting your user files, you should:
a. Make sure that your Steam Cloud is disabled in Steam, AoE2 game, Properties, General.
b. Go to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE.
c. Copy your user folder to a safe place, it has lots of numbers.
d. Delete the original folder
e. Verify your files in Steam, AoE2 game, Properties, Local Files.
f. Open the game again. A new user folder will be created.
If this works, then copy back the files from your old user folder. Those files are in the folder -C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE<0>\Savegame, Recorded Games and Save games.
If this does not work you can also try:
- Reinstall the game
- Unable your mods
- Uninstall Citrix, Mcafee, Malwarebytes, Bitdefender, Avast or AVG programs if you have them, these programs could make your pc slower.
- Reinstall your graphic drivers, update Windows
- Update direct X
- Make sure that your game is not running on the integrated GPU
- Restart your PC and close as many background programs as you can before starting the game.
- Disable Enhanced Graphics if your hardware is not very fast
- Installing latest VC++ redistributables from here (both x86 and x64 variants): Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Docs
the crash is random, even on a freshly installed windows 10 with nothing else, just steam and aoe2. hence the mdmp file to see if AOE2 devs are able to find out what causes it.
I see, thanks for the extra info!
Our team checked your files. We are already tracking this issue ヾ(＾∇＾)