Crash when starting art of war early economy

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.12638.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Mac / Linux

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

game crashes near the end of early economy video

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. start up age of empires 2 DE
  2. select learn to play than advanced techniques
  3. select early economy

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
play the early economy tutorial.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

AoE2DESteam-78174-2023.03.08-12.51.45.mdmp (825.5 KB)

Hello @AscendedAlteran !
The team is aware of this issue and is already being tracked. The only solution right now is to skip the video before it ends, this should allow you to play the scenario without crashing.
Thanks for the report! :slight_smile:

my crash isn’t happening with the Sun Tzu skippable intro, but in the scenario where the villagers are auto selected and tasked with building and gathering food. though skipping the intro does give me a few seconds more of the scenario. I do know that I noticed the problem first cropped after the patch and the release to xbox as I had done them all at first launch without any issue. let me know if there is more I can do to help.

Oh, I didn’t mean the cutscene, the one before every campaign scenario that is shown once you select “Early Economy”. There is an actual video after it, and then you start playing the scenario. The team keep investigating this issue and I sent them the mdump file you uploaded :slight_smile:

I’m no longer having the issue. I scanned the drive, found errors and fixed them.

Hello everyone.

As of 5th of November 2023, I am having the exact same issue as in the post above.

Can someone reply with an explanation of resolving the issue?

All game related and platform information is exactly the same as in the above reply.

The game version is 101.102.30274.0 (#95810) 12466982