Culpeper Minutemen

I am having a hard time telling what the current function of the Culpeper Minutemen card is. In some sources like the Wiki it says:
“Levy/Conscription global cooldown -50%; Minutemen hit points degeneration rate -50%; each Town Center spawns 6 Minutemen”

In the original announcement for the USA civ, the card is described as:
" * Culpeper Minutemen: Arrives fast! All existing Town Centers spawn 6 Minutemen. Minutemen retain their hit points 75% longer."

Now I am guessing the wiki would be more current than the original announcement, but it looks like in the game itself the card does not have the cooldown reduction text. I know some cards are bugged, so I am not sure if that one has had its description updated, or if that is what it actually does. Thanks for any help!

1 Like

The levy time from the button is reduced 50% and they lose hp 50% slower though this is quite pointless if you use the marines card as you won’t be losing any hp anyway.

It is mainly used with the 3 tc strategy to quickly get 18 minutemen and turn them to marines.

Also note that you can heal marines now which you could not do before so if you constantly levy minutemen and send marines card you can train a surgeon from the church and heal all your half hp marines back to full health.

1 Like

Thanks! In general, is the wiki correct over what the cards themselves say?

It is outdated since newer patches but in general 80% of it is accurate. For example it still says you can’t heal marines but you can since they got given kill xp in a patch.

So it’d still be useful for calling out more marines faster?

No, that effect was actually removed. Regardless of the culpepper card being sent or not the global levy cooldown is the same time. Just tested this as I wasn’t sure.

1 Like

Sorry, I am now confused. In your prior post, you said it reduced levy time, are you now saying that that reduced levy time actually no longer applies after all, or that it doesn’t apply only when Minutemen are made into Marines, or something else?

I thought it did but it no longer applies at all, seems to be another case of the wiki being wrong. The global cooldown to levy minutemen is the same whether you send culpepper card or not.
This makes the card no longer really necessary if making a lot of minutemen as with marines card you get no hp decay anyway and though you can spawn minutemen from tcs it is a 1 time thing and probably more cost efficient to simply go to industrial and get conscription card so you get a large batch of marines with each levy.

Thanks! I actually prefer Pennsylvania so this is kinda nice I guess.

Yeah and if you go pennsylvania you get a church so you can easily train a surgeon to heal all your half hp minutemen once you have sent marines card.