Cuman Mercenaries affecting enemies

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: current one
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

If my enemy player researches Cuman Mercenaries while a treaty is still going on, I can train the 10 free Kipchaks from my castle.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Host a custom lobby, choose anything except Cumans
  2. Get your friend in, he chooses Cumans (have not tested it yet, but should also work with an AI)
  3. To speed up things choose starting age Post-Imp
  4. Treaty, duration does not matter (with post imp, else you have to choose a longer treaty), as long as some is there (for example 1 min)
  5. Start game, build castle (or start with regicide settings to speed up even more)
  6. Wonder why you can create the 10 free Kipchaks

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Not getting enemies tech bonus, even on treaty games.

Disclaimer:
I am not sure if this is even a bug or if it is intended. Some info would be cool

probably because treaty is actually allying during the span of treaty.

and since its in post imperial age, the unique tech is already researched and treaty hasnt expire at the time of tech research completion given future enemy (current ally) access to kipchak and stays that way even with treaty expiring.

AI does weird things too that will still trade with enemy market after treaty expires, probably an overlook in the game design, or simply a limitation they couldn’t solve.

try this, have your game starts in imperial rather than post imp, you and your friend will be enemy, 1 minute treaty. wait till treaty expires THEN research cuman mercs to see if enemy still have access to it.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will look into it!

Thats exactly what I was thinking about.

Yeah, no big deal, i get that. I just joined a random lobby where someone wanted to play with these settings and I was like “well, guess I will try and see what this turns into”… completely steamrolled him… but well noticed that little detail during the match

As stated before: I am not sure if this behaviour is intended or not. It migth be totally fine, but seemed unintentional in the first moment, but migth be totally fine due to the explanation of @WoodsierCorn696, and even if it is unintended, since it is afffecting almost noone, I would say: Put it on the bottom of the to do list