Custom Campaign mod in the 'local' folder doesn't show up in game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 47820
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When we put a ZIP file of a custom campaign in the “local” folder in the “mods” folder, then it should show up in game in the “custom campaign” selection section. This is essential as I adjust the icons of scenarios and check if the campaign scenarios are well done.

However, I can’t make it this time.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a custom campaign mod folder (A ZIP file)
  2. Put the ZIP folder in the “locals” folder in the “mods” folder.
  3. Enter the AOE2: DE and see if it shows up in the “Custom Campaign” section.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Then, the campaign is supposed to show up in the list of custom campaigns.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Because of this bug, I can’t adjust my campaign icons and see whether the campaign works fine.

I pasted another custom campaign which was successful in the past, and of course, it failed this time. This is the reason why I judged it’s a new bug.

Maybe since the last update.

Please check this phenomenon.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Oh, wait. I was wrong.

I should’ve UNZIP the ZIP file… My god… Why do I always forget something I’ve always done?

it works now fortunately.

However, regardless of this, I found something strange: in the “local” folder, always a random “info” text file pops up. The file is of a random event mod. I don’t find if it causes a problem, but just there’s this. It seems since the last patch.