Custom units disappear in game after latest hotfix

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: latest build after hotfix
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store (both)
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

custom units disappear in game, it started with India Dynasty DLC and units often times would disappear in online multiplayer game, and always disappearing under reply/spectate mode.

but now it disappear even in single player game but for some reason not in scenario? (lag/performance related?)

video shows same datamod is used under a scenario and in single player skirmish mode, units disappears only under single player. there is nothing wrong with graphics and datamod.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. subscribe to datamod with custom unit
  2. play single player 2v2/3v3 AI, let AI create custom unit
  3. watch some custom units disappearing

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

custom units do NOT disappear, back to what it was pre DLC patch.

Please link to this related, tracked issue. It’s really important to us to get this fixed please. Clearly it’s more frequent than the circumstances I described.
https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/custom-graphics-no-longer-visible-in-replay-mode-and-possibly-for-spectators/207735/3

no, it is different issue and this is new after the hotfix.

the issue you described was for spectators, this is in single player mode and its worse because it affects people who plays mod alone.

somehow it doesn’t affect me in scenario but when i play against AI myself or ai vs ai in single player I cant see custom graphics

Oh come on. It’s clearly arising from the same underlying issue. Custom graphics going invisible under multiple circumstances since the last DLC.

Linking these issues I feel increases the likelihood they are going to fix them since it is showing the bugs to be more impactful.

it might be and its gotten way worse. just spectator is w/e, only unpleasant.

now this issue which somehow not a problemt when its in scenario or multiplayer, but affects single player skirmish. theres much going on here and its getting way worse.

Hey, @thieftdp8498

Unfortunately I seem to be unable to reproduce this issue. I am using multiple buffs mod, and custom units seems to appear just fine for me. I tested using the same unit you showed in the video. I made hundreds of them and they all seem to appear normal. Are there other people also suffering from the same issue?
I recommend you to do a clean reinstall of the mod, and verify game files. If the issue persists, let me know if there is any more steps/settings I should be aware of!

1 Like

so the unit only show correctly when its in multiplayer and in scenario, and does not show in single player.

if it showed for you then im not sure why as I have the mod in local and custom graphic has nothing to do with verify game files.

could you help me try doing 2 vs 2 with MBA AI, AI link is here Mods Single - Age of Empires

use the 5v3 AI, two vs two, all persians with turbo mode start with darkage, big enough map like 8 player or giant. and let it build at 8x speed until the custom unit comes out and bug start appearing.

Hey again @thieftdp8498

After doing what you suggested, I am still unable to get this to reproduce. I watched a 2v2 on the mod with the AI’s for 30 minutes of ingame time similar to your video. However not once did i spot any unit visually dissapearing like in your video. I would again suggest a complete reinstall of the mod, and perhaps see if you can reproduce this without using 8x speed modifier, as that can potentially cause buggy behaviour.

1 Like

ok I will try without the 8x speed, thank you!