D3D11 error crashing game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 100.12.39346.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Ever since the african royals DLC have launched my game randomly freezes with the error dialog in the screenshot below. It sometimes happens early in the game (before age 2) and sometimes late in the game. I haven’t been able to locate any specific cause for the issue and it has happened on a variety of maps. This is similar to another thread (https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/d3d11-error-constantly-since-new-civs/143688) but my error message and code is different.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play the game.
  2. The game freezes soon enough.

Sorry for this very unhelpfull reproduction but it seems to only happen on certain hardware configurations. I have only played ranked online so this might only be an issue online. I am running a Ryzen 3700x and a Nvidia 2060 Super. I have tried installing the latest drivers.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The game would not freeze.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Unfortunately I do not have any recordings since the bug makes the game crash.

1 Like

i have ryzon 3700x and nvidia 2070 super , same issue

Hi @JakobUnn, thanks for your report. I’ve linked this report to the existing ticket we have for D3D11 errors and included your error code.