Dance of death

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **BUILD #V.100.12.11148.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Units in close proximity of buildings (especially town centers) during fights does not respond properly to commands but moves around in a circular fashion/twitches.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Approximately once every ten games. In heavily built up bases with narrow means of pathing the frequency of the issue increases.

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
  • 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Tasking generally larger unit groups in close proximity to production facilities.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Groups of units responding properly to commands.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

Please refer to the save game and links below.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

The reported issue occurs at approx 21 minutes into the game.

dance of death.age3Yrec (3.8 MB)

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

4 Likes

I feel like this is because they’re so insistent on maintaining perfect formations. So they’ll spend all their time trying to form up, but there’s obstacles in the wy, so they try to form up in a different way. They do this all the time for me, trying to run away many of them will just stop, slow down, go closer to enemy, just to get in that perfect line. Ships will barely move forward at all, just circle around until “no formation” is selected. Troops will walk around a wall or building, spending like five minutes walking through the entire base to take their place in formation on the other side of the wall just because it has to be that perfect square. It’s exhausting and makes it almost impossible to micro units unless there’s a perfectly empty field with nothing close by.

1 Like