Data Mod updating/publishing down, affecting multiple or all players

This is affecting multiple users! Is the mod publishing API completely down? I am located in US east, I do not know about others locations. If anyone can still publish, please let me know in the comments, and if its a data mod and what country you are in.

This is for Age Of Empires DE 2, do not know if its affecting DE1 or others

Game Version:

• Build: unknown, multiple
  • Platform: multiple
  • Operating System: multiple
  • Gamertag: multiple

Issue:

If I upload a mod or even just an unmodded copy of empires2_x2_p1.dat, in game, or on the website, it just spins forever saying publishing mod, never completes. Waited 30min+. Also had friend try from a different computer, with a different mod, different network, different account, same issue.

Reproduction Steps:

Publish a data mod in game from local mod folder for DE2
or
Upload a zip of a data mod on the website

Same. I receive “Error: Unknown” in the game if I wait long enough. Have tried on countless networks and devices. Other people seem to be uploading mods today, I tried re-uploading one of those (to ensure it’s not specifically my mod) with no luck.

If anyone has been successful in uploading mods today, I’d be down to send you my mod to try uploading. I’d really like to play but cannot host modded games due to this dependency on AoE servers that don’t seem to work.

Same here. I can publish mods, but i cannot update them. I thought i was doing something wrong, but it seems a game bug

It’s effecting AoE3 also:

This should be resolved now. Let me know if you continue to see failures.

Works for me now, thanks!

1 Like