Datamod auto unsub, but game allows player in & disconnects them

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

recently updated the mod a few times, since then people have been forced to download the mod each time they start the game. Even worse, some player download it and lobby allows them to ready + countdown, then proceed to drop them at start of game.

When these players check mod manager, they are not subbed to the mod and likely crash/drop because they had it subscribed/downloaded when entering lobby, but game unsubbed them right after.

@DodoNotDoDo is this a new issue due to them trying to fix something, is it possible to check? its happening to me too but because I download fast, and actually completes the download when downloads finish, I didnt have this issue. But others taking 2-3 mins to download only to not show up in their mod manager is frustrating and time consuming.

• GAME BUILD #: latest build
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

above

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

about 6-7 individual who plays the mod on a consistent basis experiencing this

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
1 Like

Can provide an example mod where this has happened and an approximate day/time? I can check logs and see if Iā€™m able to provide any extra detail or determine if the game team needs to look at it.

@DodoNotDoDo thanks for checking

the mod link is Mods Single - Age of Empires

as for the players, I asked them to post on forum but I dont think they registered, a lot of people dont have microsoft account or is blocked due to region they are in im assuming.

a player mentioned the downloading circle has been going on entire day yesterday, april 13th roughly around 9pm to 2am PST ish?