Dawn of a New Age scenario victory too soon

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.27465.0 (#93001) 12074291
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

In the tutorial level Dawn of a New Age, victory requires advancing to the Tool Age. However, I won as soon as I clicked the research Tool Age button, before it completed. Although you would basically just be waiting for the inevitable, not properly showing how advancing to the next age works is confusing for players learning the game. In the older Age of Empires, you had to wait.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

You should complete the scenario when you actually advance to the Tool Age.

1 Like

Or perhaps it’s a description problem; conceptually, the purpose of the scenario is making the button clickable (i.e. satisfying the requirements).

This is not a bug, but meant to be like this by design.

@Felizon89 This is different compared to Age of Empires I DE where it is required to wait for the Tool Age to finish researching.

If the current design is to only require starting it, maybe the objective can be changed to eliminate confusion? Instead of saying

Advance to the Tool Age

and thus causing confusion when it completes before that happens, the objective might say something like

Begin advancing to the Tool Age

I’ll talk with theam about your suggestion :slight_smile:

It should at least wait a couple more seconds before ending. If it was jarring for me, it would probably be quite confusing for players who are actually learning how the game works.

Building a wonder in “A Wonder of the World” shows following text “Wonders are built faster than usual in this mission.”

Perhaps this would also be an option for faster age advancing than usual in this mission.

3 Likes