Dawn of the Dukes DLC

What makes me believe it might not be that case is when I look at civs with a strong Bombard Cannon, like the Turks. They are labeled “gunpowder” civs, while “siege” civs have bonuses and/or techs that benefit the Onager and Scorpion.

And rams. We have 3 Siege civs in the game and none of them have BBC. Khmer used to have but they never had a bonus for that. All BBC bonus is considered as Gunpowder bonus and the civ is labeled as “Gunpowder” civs.

I think that if Bohemians get an eco bonus it will be a mining bonus due to very rich silver deposits in that times. Mining bonus will be also in great synergy with gold expensive gunpowder units (like Turks have).

Something like: Gold mines last 20% longer (similar to Mayan bonus) or gold miners no need drop off (similar to Khmer bonus). But I do not think it will be faster mining (too much similar with Turkish bonus).

Or they will have a mining Unique Technology. What about a technology called “Kuttenberg” which spawns a gold mine under each Town Center? It will cost plenty of stone and wood as new underground mines need to be established.

6 Likes

Fair point. I guess we gotta be labelling the bohemians as a gunpowder civ!

3 Likes

And maybe infantry too as the main military.

2 Likes

I found this picture of civ icons of Poles and Bohemians at social media, can someone confirm if its true?

CivIcons

6 Likes

very likely, what social media?

1 Like

Yes where you got this???

1 Like

From fb page of “The Manko”, a spanish speaker caster

2 Likes

Kinda strange, why a latin guy got access to this wayyy earlier while the icons aren’t found elsewhere?

I remember a huge update that was like that, in that moment was “Biry” from Argentina the one who “leak” information… I put quotes because they were allowed by Microsoft… I think there was another big tournament too, but not 100% sure.

1 Like

Yes, those are Polish and Bohemian AoE II emblems and they looks great !

4 Likes

2 vils per farm offers higher food rate

you say too little food yet i suspect a small farm itself will contain less as well, so really both need wood

Np, it gives a buff and a nerf at the same time, for instance dark age farms will be better since 60 wood gives two vils work for some mins rather than one. And in later game wood is not an issue

24 farms have 48 farmrers vs. 28 on 2x2 farms

2 Likes

But collection rate of villager will be same. And the disadvantage of needing more wood is very big tbh.

Which is good but ideal dark age build order doesn’t require to build a farm to begin with. If you got lamed or can’t find your natural food animals only then it can come in handy.

Yes ofc,

but it still helps in Feudal a lot as well, when we may not have much wood
instead of spending 10x60 wood (600) for 10 farmers in Feudal, we only need 300 wood for 10 farmers (and less space used too).

There is no wood lost as it is quick to refarm. 2 farms expiring in 10 minutes need 120 wood to renew

1 farm with 2 farmers expiring in 5mins needs 60 wood

I really thin k this is moroe tha n enough time to get enough wood before it expires (even with two workers)

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate they didn’t use the actual historical coat of arms (bottom), instead they used the modern highly stylized lion.
Codex_Manesse_Wenzel_II._von_Böhmen

I think with RBW4 ending up, it will be a perfect time to release some new infos of the civs, like coat of arms (officially released) and (rough/proposed) civ bonuses.

1 Like