Dead spot on screen when using active pause

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition v100.13.29985.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: *While I love having active pause in the game (single player), there is a dead spot in the centre of the screen where the “GAME PAUSED” banner text is. Even though units are clearly visible between the text and around half a centimeter on each side, no clicks in that area are registered. Units can’t be selected, attacked etc without panning the view to have them on the side of the screen.

This issue is not present in AoE2DE (only AoE3DE)*

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a standard game.
  2. Pause the game (F8 by default).
  3. Move screen so that a unit is in the middle, obstructed by the “GAME PAUSED” banner.
  4. Try selecting the unit.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The units should be selected.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

There are 4 villagers outside my town centre, which can be easily seen behind the “PA” as well as an explorer behind the “U”. None of these units can be selected. If they were enemies, they couldn’t be attacked, etc. No clicks will register.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.