Dear AOE:DE and Microsoft, can you please fix the servers so that they stop crashing?

Game Version:

• Build: AOE:DE Build # 46777
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Rakovsky

Issue:

Dear AOE:DE and Microsoft,

You have a really fun game. But can you please fix the Multiplayer Lobby and Servers so that they stop crashing? I keep getting crashes and I know that I’m not the only one.

I’m using Windows 10 on a new computer and a good internet connection. About 30 minutes to an hour into my matches it’s typical for the Game to say that I got “dropped” from the Server or that the Connection to the Lobby was “lost.”

I know that other experienced gamers have to pick through the Servers (eg. US Region vs. South India) to find one of them that will hold a good connection.

It seems like this should be a relatively simple problem to fix because AOE1:DE is probably one of the simpler games in terms of memory usage. It’s more like playing chess than playing the graphics-heavy Battlefield I or V, which must take tons of memory. By comparison, Gameranger and Voobly are relatively solid reliable platforms, but they just run AOE:ROR, not AOE:DE.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Create a Game Lobby Room in the Multiplayer Servers.
  2. Play a Game with a Couple people for an hour.
  3. Do this 4 times a day with each of the servers.

ATTACHMENTS:

How do I make or find a DXDIAG or CRASH LOG on my computer to send you?

2 Likes

Step 1: Open File Explorer and go to C:\Users\youruserid\Games\Age of Empires DE\Logs.
Step 2: Filter to show the latest files.
Step 3: Open the latest log file.

Note: It would be a good idea to upload the startup log too.

2 Likes