Death Match should disappear from ranked

I can at least grasp a reason for removing DM from the ladder. You want to have a well polished product always aiming to a hypothethical final version (despite the constant updates) where everything is perfect and needs no improvement. You want your game to be direct, easy to handle, with a clean UI… etc
With that mindset the DM ladder was like noise in the game. Very small playerbase to justify a place of its own in the ranked ladder screen.

A suggestion I read that I liked a lot was to remove the team DM ladder and replace it with 1v1 EW. Those are oriented to a fast game anyways, the opposite of team games.

I am sad that it is going away. I was doing well on it and may have been amature level competitive in a few months.

1 Like

I like matchmaking, it’s simple and I don’t have to worry about being kicked for being too good/too noob. It gives a variety of maps and enables you to search for multiple types of games at once. Instead of just sitting in one game waiting for the right players to show up.

You don’t have to think the same as me but “absolutely nobody likes matchmaking” is simply false.

2 Likes

The thing I don’t understand is that “Lets Play” uses an elo system anyway, it’s just hidden. So it’s ranked already.

Anyway my thoughts are:

Let there be 3 ranked modes (as many have suggested)
Move DM to “Lets Play”
Introduce an “Art of War” for DM… it’s needed so badly for new players. And will let them know what to expect before their first game.

They just removed DM :frowning: … it’s the only mode I ike, I understand the numbers, but we count as well … The lobby is a mess and we didn’t have any problem to wait 3 or 5 minutes to get a match. It wasn’t difficult to add the EW and keep the other modes. I don’t have any motivation to open the game now. I’m not gonna pay another DLC until the DM come back (I know this is not gonna cause any effect at all but what can I do)… please please please

You have the lobby option, and DM was dead, and I suggest to add DM in quick play feature. About EW I assure you it will die too like DM. Any mod than the norma RM will die because the is balanced to start from dark, if they want to make EW live then they should make a balance for EW ladder.

It won’t get back, but it will be improved in the lobby:

Don’t be so negative. Just give it a chance. I think it will be more popular then DM (but it will never beat RM).

Welcome to the club :slight_smile: