Defensive Towers and Walls

I suggest that you do not have to investigate the defensive tower and the wall in the barn, I find it absurd. What do you think?

I think its fine. Where would you rather put it ?

Research in the granary? Nothing absurd about it, another choice to be made.

@Superiumentarius said:
I think its fine. Where would you rather put it ?

I think the barn should be left for the queue of production and improvement of farms, I would put it in the urban center or in some military building that has to do with the defense.
If you were to change it, where would you put it?

Considering that to make those walls, you need mud and animal organic stuff, why not in the granary ? XD

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
Research in the granary? Nothing absurd about it, another choice to be made.

I think a granary is not a research center for defensive technologies.
I believe that farm technologies and harvesting speed should be investigated.

Well…I guess? Doesn’t make much of a difference if they switch it around. It’s just the location of a button, no balance changes necessary.

@kylobeetle said:
Considering that to make those walls, you need mud and animal organic stuff, why not in the granary ? XD

I do not think you need animal organic stuff to build defensive towers or stone walls XD.
But it would be very funny :smiley:

@RWNorthPole said:
Well…I guess? Doesn’t make much of a difference if they switch it around. It’s just the location of a button, no balance changes necessary.

True, but could be the possibility of adding a new building or a redistribution of technologies, would not it be interesting?

@“Tha Somin” said:

@RWNorthPole said:

True, but could be the possibility of adding a new building or a redistribution of technologies, would not it be interesting?

Deep in my heart, i would loved, even as a kid, that we could have more techs, that was after i played Age of Empires II Conquerors. But since this game is sealed with our nostalgia, since is a “remaster” it should keep like we used to know it, otherwise it wouldn’t be a remaster anymore, now if you ask me, i see no harm in making a mechanism to restart the farms OR at least, some map alert to locate which farm finished it’s resourses.

@kylobeetle said:

@“Tha Somin” said:

@RWNorthPole said:

Deep in my heart, i would loved, even as a kid, that we could have more techs, that was after i played Age of Empires II Conquerors. But since this game is sealed with our nostalgia, since is a “remaster” it should keep like we used to know it, otherwise it wouldn’t be a remaster anymore, now if you ask me, i see no harm in making a mechanism to restart the farms OR at least, some map alert to locate which farm finished it’s resourses.

You’re right, but I dream of a new Age of Empires that I think will never come, so I want new things in this. I agree with the mechanism of restarting farms, is a proposal that I did recently adding traps for fish that can be restarted.

@“Tha Somin” I like how the Farming Techs are in the Market as one of the first Agricultural side effects was economics regarding sale and purchase of said farmed produce

@AssyrianAxeman said:
@“Tha Somin” I like how the Farming Techs are in the Market as one of the first Agricultural side effects was economics regarding sale and purchase of said farmed produce

Would you leave the barn as it is? Would you include the farm production queue?

Moving the defense structure techs to market would change the game balance as then you can’t wall as quickly. Granary is something you will almost certainly already have built in the stone age and you can thus research walls and towers straight away if you are expecting to be rushed. Having to build a market first would make it slower. I’m not sure if delaying walls and towers would be a bad thing, but the developers want to keep the gameplay as close to original as possible and I don’t think this is a necessary change.

@“Tha Somin” said:

@RWNorthPole said:

They confirmed they won’t be doing that.

@“Tha Somin” Im not for farm queues, but i like right click reseeding

I say they won’t change this at all.