Describe every AOE3 DE game

Welcome to AOE3 DE multiplayer supremacy where you can predict what will happen every single time:

OTTOMANS:
Azap rush (not as often, nerfed now)
Fast Fortress 5 sipahi + Nizam rush + cannon
8 Jan rush

HAUDENSAUNEE:
Fast rush + native allies skirms

MALTA:
3 different types of rush using age 4 units at age 2, otherwise youre in for the longest game of your life with 1000 fixed guns.

JAPAN:
huge rush with Daimyo + clubs

MEXICO:
8 skirm rush followed by revolt with cannons

other than that you donā€™t really see any other civs. what do you notice every single game has become?

Ottomans: FF/FI spam spahi and/or bombards. Donā€™t see the tc boom much now.

Haud: Fast rush

Aztec: Either rush or WP boom into fortress age units.

Mexico: Navajo or just forward hacienda rush and baja california laming.

Spain: FF

Brit: Musk/huss manor boom age 2.

Ports: Organ gun FF and halbs.

Germany: FF

France: Semi-ff with Hussar.

Dutch: Bank Semi-ff

Malta: Xbow/pike rush or FF and 2 fixed guns then tc/sw boom.

China: regular FF or semi with steppe riders.

Japan: Either daimyo rush or tori gates into shrine wagons.

Lakota: Fast age into 4 axes or double war hut.

India: Sepoy/agra aggression or kani mata FF.

USA: FF either regulars and gatlings or more eco focused with the russian immigrants and sharpshooters and carbine cav.

Swedes: Torp stuff

Hausa: Raiders and fulani or fulani and jav riders. Typically just age 2.

Ethiopia: sudanese rush every single game, though luckily like 2 people play them.

Russia: Russian rush either strelets and cossack shipment or rekruts and cossacks.

Italy: never see them now but Iā€™d guess lombard shipments and age 4 skirms running round your vills.

Been playing a lot of Haude lately in supremacy mostly testing stuff out (siege units mostly) and a number of ranked 1v1 games and i have to say its either age 2 game play or age 4. As of right now they have the fastest rush in the game ; my fastest is haveing 4 cav in enemy base by 3:40 and about 5-8 musk units about 20 seconds later though my average time would be around 4:25 (treasures really can change this a lot its crazy).

As there really isnā€™t any point going FF(fast fortress/age3) if you can even call that for Haude (no cannons in age 3). Generally having a slow age up to other FF civs and not much to gain from it. Now FI (fast industrial/age 4) is a different matter but still a challenge to do as Haude but not impossible just difficult more so in 1v1.

So the FEW people that do play it are all/most likely going to rush as its the easier option.

For the other civs i cant say much as i dont play them as much as i used to in the pass.

every civ is starting to have 1 or 2 strats that are absurdly strong compared to the rest and when applied against the right civ they have absolutely nothing to counter it.

1 Like

This has always been the way, like good luck vs russia when you play japan. Some match ups will just be unbalanced due to the uniqueness of each civ and it being almost impossible to balance every match up for 20+ civs.

Basically, FF?
In other words, ff also means ā€œfinish fastā€ or ā€œI already feel like I want to give upā€.

It is so predictable you can just cav and raid Mexico, they have poor defense against it in early game.

-watch youtube/twitch/post of some crazy strategy exploiting balance or game issues.
-learn how to use it mechanically memorizing macro and timing
-robotically apply it over and over and over
-Win some until plateau
-complain about the other people doing the exact same without a hint of irony

T. Avg aoe3 player these days

5 Likes

I have never done this everything I do in the game is something I have worked out. I have just watched as patch to patch certain civs are buffed/reworked and consistently do the same thing every game.

Your every aoe3 de game: BRITISH

Every game goes like this: AI makes no boats, doesnā€™t ever leave starting island.

1 Like

Itā€™s basically the original AOE3, but extending its time period to the Visctorian age.

Description of the original game.
The game is set where Age of Empires II left off with the discovery of the New World and the beginning of colonial times between the 1500s to the year 1850. Age of Empires III follows in the style of the previous games of the series, with the player taking a European colony from a small settlement into a powerful empire. The player also progresses through five ā€˜Agesā€™, a system of tiered advancement in which each tier offers increasingly powerful units and upgrades.

1 Like

Wait until you realize thereā€™s another 21 civs in the game other than british to do strategies with.

Listed in order of frequency:
Otto rush
Brit manor boom musk spam
China rush, always has so many of every type of unit that is impossible to counter
Sweden Torp boom carolean spam
Japan shrine boom ashi spam
USA Musk + Gatling FF or some abusive skirm goon strat that recently someone must have posted
Every other civ skirm goon combo except malta which is xbow pike always
Aztec and Haude fast rush

I have no idea what people are talking about when they complain that everyone FFs or FIs.

1 Like

then there are the truly enlightened players using advance market, trading strats in 1v1

Things as they areā€¦