Detailed Game Crash Bug Report

Hello,

Before I get into my report here are some video clips portraying the crash…

I have enclosed a link to my logs including last time I crashed 2 days ago 2020-01-05T23:00:00Z
https://gofile.io/?c=DJE5J5

Event Log showed Two warnings:

:warning: Kernal-PnP (Event ID 225)

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\audiodg.exe with process id 6172 stopped the removal or ejection for the device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0663&SUBSYS_10431477&REV_1000\4&707ddb2&0&0001.

Which i think it’s not related but fixed it anyways as follow:

1. Right-click “Speakers” icon in the taskbar and then select “Playback devices”
  2. Under “Playback” tab, right-click “Speakers”, and select “Properties”.
  3. Click on “Enhancements" tab under “Speakers Properties”. Check "Disable all enhancements” check-box.
    By the above steps, you could resolve the problem that “audiodg .exe” process hosts high CPU usage and prevent your machine from slow running and fake crash.

:warning: Display ( Event ID 4101)

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

At the same time this display warning occurs, my notification panel shows that AoE2DE_s.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware

I believe these two relate to each other because when the driver shuts down then recovers; DE is unable to access it again therefore I get a blackscreen but I could see the cursor of the game (and sometimes hear game sounds while other times can’t hear sounds)

I may have resolved and cut down this problem from happening explained in this reply:

But I still believe there is something to investigate so DE can access graphics drivers at peak times.

Another bug that needs some looking into

Reconnect Feature?

Are you guys planning on implementing a reconnect feature in case players drop or crash? It’s a win-win solution and I believe everyone was expecting it to be featured.

It doesn’t have to be a fancy reconnect feature you could make the other player wait for 60 seconds while the dropped player joins DE where he could either click reconnect or enter a restore tab.

I believe in you guys <3

1 Like