Developer Request: Return In-Editor Game Testing

Hi,

I’m requesting that the ability to test a scenario within the editor be returned and added to the editor offically. I don’t believe it was ever officially supported. But by using the command below, you could run the scenario without leaving the editor.
uiStartScenarioTest subModeClear("Simulation") subModeEnter("Simulation", "Editor")

This was useful for testing triggers and more while still having access to the editor tooling.

This was also possible without modding by starting a scenario, saving the game, and then loading the save in the editor, which is also no longer possible as save games and scenarios are different file types.

In addition, or otherwise, the ability to run triggers in-editor would be great too. Have a “Run Now (In-Editor)” button in the trigger gadget, or a gadget with a textbox for XS script with a run now button would be great. While it’s possible to write your own gadget, to my knowledge there’s no way to run tr commands in the editor. This would be tricky because it opens up the possibility to perform irreversible changes, if you guys do think this is a good idea, I’m glad that I won’t be the one implementing it.

Thanks,

Anhysbys

1 Like