Devs - Malta Desperately Needs A Small Buff

No, hussars should under no circumstances get the 2% per shipment bonus. That works fine for xbox with lowly stats. Hussars? Nope. Remember you get to send about 4-5 cards in early game fights, more if you gain the upper hand, having 10% extra stats in age2? No thanks. That scaling bonus is very difficult to balance.

Yeah true actually they’d become too good in extended age 2, they need something though because they suck late game, or just give malta cav combat.

3 Likes

Cavalry combat would be fine.

A cav combat that ignores the tongues 25/25 lancers is probably too much in age3
Or make it ##### ## maybe 10/10 stats to keep it 20/20 and not too strong?

edit censor are you 0 iq wtfbbq? #### ## (age 3 plus 1 and the word “or”) was censored?

1 Like

Yeah just make it cav combat that scales from the base stats for huss/lancers etc. Or perhaps a general order unit combat card for +15% attack and hp for all order/tongue units. That way it also buffs the mediocre longbow/cass etc and their base stats are low anyway so it wouldn’t buff them that much. Could also make it so the card effects only freshly trained units and not those from the initial shipment.

Edit: In combination with a potential order/tongue combat card they could reduce the cost of tongue cards and reduce the amount of units they ship so it incentivises training them more over just the initial shipment of units.

3 Likes

Make sentinels cost 1 pop

So the patch comes out tomorrow. Are they not considering a small buff to Malta AT ALL? They’re just going to move on with what they proposed and that’s it?

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like it, I gues I’ll be moving back to inca for the time being.

"devs dont want me to malta? fine ill play the civ with turtling, eco, good shipments. My scaling eco and bow pike wrath shall be unleashed on the ladder one way or the other deus i mean inti vult!
(joking btw, and can understand the frusteration just trying to lighten the mood :slight_smile: )

:joy: Don’t get me started on the inca nerfs, I remember back in the day with regular building hp card and like 9 tc’s. Now bastion doesn’t even upgrade your walls. On that note I did see my chimu, huaracas and chasquis are all getting nerfed, oh the joy this game brings me.

Would be a disaster if they truly leave Malta as is. Most of these should be simple fixes and don’t need extensive testing. Even just 3 of these suggestions will be helpful and not game breaking in any way at all.

1 Like

Devs, please buff Italy, Malta and Russia

2 Likes

Adjusted for recent updates:

• Revert the 1% XP penalty (bring it down to zero penalty).
  • Making the Age IV Sentinel card a little better by reducing the cost increase to 35%, adding another 10% to stats (so 55%), and adding +2 range and melee range to Sentinels and +2 to defensive building aura boost range.
  • Reducing German Tongue cost from 450w to 425w.
  • Decreasing the cost of hospitaller by 5c and train time by 2s.
  • Buff Auberges card by making Commandery units train 10% faster as well.
  • Decrease depot cost back down to 50c 50w and decrease build time by 3s and give the attack speed aura +1 range.
  • Improve Advanced Commandery by increasing HP, attack, range, and LOS of a Commandery by 10%.
1 Like