DEVS NEED TO FIX THE IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAT AI

This new cheating POS AI is COMPLETE RUBBISH!!! Do the devs even read this!!! PUT THE AI BACK!!! WHY DID YOU MAKE SUCH CRAP AI??? Does relic employ seven year olds make the AI???

PUT THE AI BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!! WE ARE NOT BEASTYQT skilled FFS!!! AND CAN"T BEAT CHEATING AI that have DOUBLE RESOURCES!!!

Devs and Relic!!! YOUR GAME SUCKS!!! against AI now not all of us play ranked as the lag is NASTY AF… Seems like this game is going the way of starcraft2 and only made for pros and not 98% of the rest of the player base…

When you streamers can’t even beat the AI and the number 1 player in the world is the only one who seems to beat the AI. AHAHAHAHAHAHAH GG devs you guys are just the best

5 Likes

Just build a wall and you can easily defeat the AI. In fact, the AI is just as dumb as ever and it’s pretty easy to defeat.
Or play on minimum difficulty. This AI is not for you :slight_smile:
It’s very strange to demand to lower the difficulty of the AI just so it can be defeated even by beginners ahaha.
Just learn how to play and you won’t have any problems !

4 Likes

Build a wall? That’s in the 2nd age. By that moment, you get swarmed by the AI. Just because they made a cheater AI and labeled it as “Hardest” doesn’t mean AI is not for you. If you enter a competition and one of your opponent cheats and wins, does this mean that the specific competition is not for you?

I have no problem destroying this AI.

3 Likes

Is it fun tho? I enjoyed beating up the AI for a while and might enjoy the challenge from the cheater AI… but I feel like it would get boring quick to have to use the same strategy every game. Makes it feel more like a mini-game, like the tests of strength.

The previous hardest AI could be beaten more flexibly and allowed many different playstyles.

4 Likes

The old one offered just one playstyle more from this one.

Either you rushed to their base and win the game by minute 10 or turtled for 15 minutes playing Sim City in your base one arm behind your back and beat 7 AI like it’s nothing.

We’ve all wanted Hardest AI to be equivalent of at least AOE2:DE very hard/extreme level since the last year not even mentioning about the other buzzword AI because how easy and boring the Hardest was.Now it suddenly became fun ?

I guess this’ll be main talking point on forums if they somehow raise the level of AI to Aoe2:

“We don’t want Skynet,we want fuuun”

2 Likes

Yes, it basically changes it from a game that is about progressing through 4 ages to a game of “How can I bug the AI out before the 3 minute mark?”. Or if you don’t bug it out by 3 minutes, you exploit other bugs like running around towers, building stone walls with openings into your base so it runs past archers on top of them etc.

1 Like

I think it’s a very easy way to keep us all satisfied : Give us back the old hardest AI and make the new hardest AI an extreme AI. Somebody disagree ?

3 Likes

while the current AI is beatable, its not satisfying due to how easily its cheesed, it just plays poorly with 2x gather rate being the only thing keeping it up

2 Likes

i agree you. cheating ai is not acceptable.

1 Like

This AI is not fun.

I want to play a smart AI, not a cheating one.

2 Likes

I disagree on both suggestions.

First ,nobody wanted a boosted ai for challenge.I think most of the community wanted the same smartness of aoe2/3 ai.If they are going to add an additional difficulty i wouldn’t want this sort of stuff.

Also I personally don’t want old hardest back.It was horrible and too easy to beat.Instead integrate it to hard difficulty so the hardest one can get improved.

Wall dont work for hardest ai. Post your gameplay with wall i would like to see.

Last nigh i play with delhi ai 2vs2. We both cheese. Malian ai dead but delhi ai really hard to beat. My friend used france and i used russia. This delhi can go fight vs 2 of us. 3 times ai create wonder. Moment we destroy their troop and go to their base again this ai have large troop. Two game same thing happens with delhi

AI does have extra strength with delhi once the monasteries are up, which is basically game over, simply because AI isn’t APM restricted like human would be, imo, this is just as much a problem with AI only being alright with few civs as well as win conditions as they are rn, i never understood the logic behind wonder win in ranked for instance