Devs, please separate Multiplayer Ranks! The 1v1 crowd want QS, 2v2/3v3 want custom!

First, thank you for listening and showing ranks for custom lobbies.
Second, 1v1 should always be quicksearch ranked. I think for 1v1 players, ranked custom would be a step back.

Intro:
For team players 2v2/3v3 (arguably the majority of players), as shown here: https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=982&t=21856 would appreciate ranks for custom games. We appreciate you listening.
BUT…
We also need seperate ranks for custom and QS, here’s why:

Argument 1, QS & Custom offer different experiences
The types of games custom players want to play are different than what quicksearch provides, so QS ranks are only moderatley correlated with say, your skill on Deccan.
Example 1: Port are in terms of meta, bad on most maps. However on Deccan, Port roughly has a 50% winrate. If a player exclusivley ‘mains’ port, their rank won’t reflect their capabilities on Deccan.
Example 2: China, as we all know excells in age 3. Against competent players, this is however only possible on Deccan.
Example 3: Japan takes too long to get going relative to other factions and you can’t protect the shrines well enough on most maps… however on Deccan once again, players generally can get a 50% winrate.

Argument 2, We unfortunatley don’t like quicksearch
For a lot of 3v3 players, we don’t want to have to climb up MMR in quicksearch for god knows how many games, just to play the part we enjoy!

Argument 3, The slow and silent push to QS:
As I suspect you know and perhaps intended, this system still encourages quicksearch over custom as you can’t improve your MMR in custom.

Argument 4, When quicksearch ‘fails to connect’(happens a lot) you have to find 5 new players.
In custom games, if someone can’t connect… that only effects them but the lobby keeps up. With quicksearch, you have to search for another 5mins just to try again.

Closing argument:
TAD survived for 15 years of custom with custom ranks, please keep in mind there was a reason everyone stopped using QS in TAD, please don’t ignore player emergent behaviour and strongly encourage us to play the way you consider optimal.
Personally I strongly feel as if most veterans of 2v2/3v3 would not switch from TAD to DE.
Seperate Suggestion 2, rank filter:
Could you please consider adding in a ‘rank filter’, where you can only join a lobby if you have X MMR/rank/elo.
This will stop hosts having to keep kicking noobs and them having a bad experience! (I notice a lot of bad reviews on aoe3 were regarding this and their confusion on why they were getting kicked)
Seperate Suggestion 3, match browser
Please consider having the lobbies listed by rank, as this is a big QoL improvement.
Example: https://cdn.ageofempires.com/aoe-forums/original/3X/a/e/ae73795666fbb1defaac6af39092bd2d41640345.jpeg

5 Likes

Please stop spamming this stuff.

15 Likes

Please stop getting the ESOC 1v1 people from Discord to brigade posts.

I’m not a 1v1 player. I want a good team game system. Rank in lobbies will ruin the game like ESO was ruined.

8 Likes

Well ok so you say that polls come from a bunch of esoc 1v1 players from discord who brigade post (i dont even know does it means lol) and despite that you use it as your main argument weight to make think your opinion represent the majority of players ?
Its probably going to be pointless to discuss this here if you’re not open to debate and understand others opinion.

1 Like

Its probably going to be pointless to discuss this here if you’re not open to debate and understand others opinion.

The problem so far has been the opposing argument is ‘I don’t like/want this’. You don’t elaborate on WHY!
So I’ll ask you, why are you against ranked custom games?

1 Like

oh no we would finish on lobbys when we only find players that play germany on great plains and were lvl 28 rank. There was a guy that only played that map and that civ, and if the map werent good he went out of the game and wait like 1 hours to just play another time on that map
he can do whatever he wants, but finally we have a more realistic ranked

2 Likes

we only find players that play germany on great plains and were lvl 28 rank.

Having a PR above 25 was almost unheard of in 2v2/3v3. You only see higher ranks in 1v1 because of the way the ELO system worked so I strongly suspect your talking about 1v1 games and are seeing this through the eyes of someone which plays 1v1.

he can do whatever he wants

Well he can’t play the way he wants now, he’s force into matchmaking.

Does anyone have any good arguments against my proposal? I’ve yet to hear one.

i gave all my arguments on a similar previous post, try to find it, peole are not going to argue in every new post. Before making a post try to search if there are similars.
people wont argue in every new post.
If you put your idea on a previous post, maybe more people would read it

LOL. its cute you guys think the devs check these forums anymore. they got their money…

+1

I just want a Starcraft 2 style matchmaking, which I can quickly get a proper game at any time.

If the team QS is dead, the game is dead.
My opinion is clear. Not going to waste time to read and reply the same topic like this anymore.

2 Likes

Honestly , it looks like this esoc guys screwed the game . And yes , in a few month they can enjoy play ‘‘alone’’

:no_entry:

Oh come on, you spam this everywhere and there is plenty of message that answer to your but you ignore all of them or complain to a complot of 1v1 players brigading stuff or idk what others stories you invent, so i wont waste my time explaining this for the 100th times, as i said its useless.

1 Like

i gave all my arguments on a similar previous post,

I checked your replies and couldn’t find a single argument against seperating custom/qs.
Source: https://forums.ageofempires.com/u/raulramirez91/activity/replies

LOL. its cute you guys think the devs check these forums anymore. they got their money…

Agreed, but it’s worth trying.

If the team QS is dead, the game is dead.

Aoe3 via TAD(The Asian Dynasties) survived for 15 years in custom. However the QS component of TAD was indeed dead, so you should agree with me?

Honestly , it looks like this esoc guys screwed the game . And yes , in a few month they can enjoy play ‘‘alone’’

Indeed

here is plenty of message that answer to you

Could you post a opposing view here? The only opposition I hear is:
Other games don’t do this, therefore it’s bad. The problem is there’s no logic or reasoning presented alongside this objection…
In your reply, please don’t confuse ‘QS vs custom’ & ‘seperate ranks’… This is a topic for seperating ranks, not ‘qs vs custom’, To argue about that, go here: Developers, a CALL TO ACTION. Mutliplayer needs FIXING!

1 Like

Added:
Argument 4, When quicksearch ‘fails to connect’(happens a lot) you have to find 5 new players.
In custom games, if someone can’t connect… that only effects them but the lobby keeps up. With quicksearch, you have to search for another 5mins just to try again.

Today playing this morning I got ‘failed to establish connectivity’ in the majority of games. Played on average 1 game per hour, each queue time popped after 6mins minimum. I suspect this will only get worse as the player pool diminishes, until it gets to a point where you can’t play outside of primetime.