Dharma Expansion

well thats the idea… we have punjabi units in the mod and we may introduce the civ in future… for now Hindavi and Gujarats are the 2 civs in North, if you think its not enough or you want make any suggestion you can join discord and discuss with others

2 Likes

Don’t mind me saying but that’s gross oversimplification while the South Indians got overrepresented.
Anyways carry on.

We dont have enough civ slot to add all the civs , you know how vast cultural and ethnic diversity in india is… anyway we want add as much civs and maybe we can when few more dlc drops and increase civ roster :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Cool! Also can you give me a link to the discord?
And did Rajputs serve as shock troops of the Gurjars?
I know that Gurjara Praitahara dynasty dominated northwest india but modern day Rajputs and Gujjars are somewhat different caste, despite claiming similar origins.
And Rajput princely states (if you believe the Mount Abu legend) emerged after the dissolution of the Gurjara Pratihara. Not sure if they can be put in the same bracket but anyways liked that civ the most!

1 Like

Gurjara civ is based on lands controled by the Gujaras and the region Gujarat… as far as i know rajput clans originated from there, its like how kypchaks are in cuman civ… but i may lack some historical information, here is the discord link… you can discuss these matters with the other devs in the discord

1 Like

Update :

• New UI design when Dharma Support is active :

• 2 New scenario editor units :

Mantlet Valari :

mantlet valari

Gadaa :

4 Likes

support uhd?or non uhd only?

1 Like

its supports uhd no issues

2 Likes

This is incredible! I’m disappointed with myself that I missed the Dharma Cup. I just came to know about this expansion.
Let me download and try it out myself.
If you need help with voice-acting, historical research or any help in general - please ping me. I’m delighted to be a part of it. Honored to be part of a time when (even as an unofficial patch) we have Civs based on true Indian culture and not the hack job Indian Civ that AOE2 DEVS shamelessly call “historically accurate”.

4 Likes

Im really happy you liked the mod… we need all the help one has to offer to make the mod perfect… join our discord and we can discuss their…

4 Likes

We added mathematical criteria. We needed civilisations/polities/regional powers that lasted long in the Indian continent from the period of 500 CE to 1500 CE. And we are limited to 8 slots for the grand region that spans from Afghanistan till Sri Lanka… Sindh till Thailand. We renamed Dehlavi since Delhi’s prominence came later on. It’s Hindavi now. Hindi belt basically (Gangetic plains). Punjab is huge and has a population of way over a 100 million between modern India Pak. But unfortunately, there wasn’t a continuous ruling power there during this period. Sindh, however did. So did Pahadi and Kashmiri powers. Hindavi does NOT represent them (Punjabi units however, may). Gurjara is designed to represent mainly modern Rajasthan and Gujarat. But to an extent Punjab as well since there were Rajput polities there (many modern day Pak Punjabis are of that descent). The moment we get slots, we will look to add Sindh, Kashmir, Afghans, Thais, etc. As for over representation of the South, that is an unjust accusation. We didn’t find it important to add Keralite polities (though some existed very continuously for a long time). We didn’t add Telugus (although powers like the Vengi and Kakatiyas were prominent). We did create Dakhini that was more of a continuous civ (an amalgam of Northern + Marathi + Telugu characteristics: also represented in the VO). Karnata and Tamilar are more than fair. These had massive empires that none of the Northern civs that we want to add, have. Also, Kalinga, Bangala, and Asomiya aren’t Southern either. So I don’t understand the over representation argument. You are welcome to join our discord to discuss further. You will observe how organised we are, and how we have to make these tough decisions.

3 Likes

Dharma Expansion with Independent Architecture set mod has been released

Note : This is not mod update, this is another version of Dharma Expansion for those who want independent architecture for every civ…

1. If you want UHD download the Dharma Expansion data mod
  2. If you want independent architecture then you download this mod. Note : this mod does not work in UHD
  3. you need to activate Dharma Expansion support in either case

mod link : Independent Architecture Dharma Expansion Mod

east

join our modding community discord for discussion , or if you face any issues

5 Likes

discord link has been updated :

1 Like

I think the most Indian civs we should have is 3-4. Also, some of the bonuses are either copies or OP (imo)
Tamilar
Docks work faster is already a bonus isn’t it? Correct me if I’m wrong
+10 pop is Goths bonus
Karnata
stables-100 wood is OP imo, 75 wood to make a stable in feudal allows you to get 2 out extremely fast, plus you are saving 200 wood for farms or eco upgrades.
Stables work 20% faster is Hun bonus
+4 melee armor on light cav is super strong as a trash unit
Kalinga
Units wood cost -20% is Korean bonus
Docks upgrade to harbor is Malay bonus
Archers move 30% faster is super strong
Gurjara
Purbias is Cuman tech renamed
Dakhini
Eco bonus is like a stronger version of the Bulgarian bonus
Bangala
Cha-Bagan Burgundian bonus
Team bonus Celts team bonus
Asomiya
Battle elephant is useless unless fighting other elephant civs
villagers bonus useless unless the bow has a high attack
Farms only real useful bonus

1 Like

yes most of the civs has copy because those civs replaced another civs and got the bonus from them… for example gurjara replace cumans, kalinga replace koreans etc… well ya oficially we should have 3-4 indian civs but this is a custom mod so we are trying to cover all of india

2 Likes

Asomia Tech Tree

Bangala Tech Tree

Dakhini Tech Tree

Gurjara Tech Tree

Hindavi Tech Tree

Kalinga Tech Tree

Karnata Tech Tree

Persian Tech Tree

Tamilar Tech Tree

2 Likes

Unique Units:

Unit Train Location Tech Required Hit-Points Attack Range Armour M Armour P Speed Cost Training Time Civilization
War Elephant Siege Workshop Castle Age 450 15 0 1 2 0.6 200f75g 31 All
Phukan Guard Castle Castle Age 50 8 0 0 0.95 30f45g 7 Asomiya
Elite Phukan Guard Castle Elite Upgrade 60 12 0 1 1 30f45g 7 Asomiya
Konyak Headhunter Farm Daga Juddha 20 3 3 0 0 0.85 25f20w 27 Asomiya
Paik Castle Castle Age 65 8 0 1 1.1 65f25g 10 Bangala
Elite Paik Castle Elite Upgrade 80 13 0 1 1.2 65f25g 10 Bangala
Elephant Archer Stable Castle Age 280 6 4 0 3 0.8 100f70g 25 Bangala
Sampan Dock Castle Age 70 7 5 0 6 1.5 100w 25 Bangala
Bargir Castle Castle Age 80 5 3 0 1 1.4 75f60g 21 Dakhini
Elite Bargir Castle Elite Upgrade 80 5 4 1 2 1.5 75f60g 21 Dakhini
Howdah Siege Workshop Chemistry 200 40 5 2 5 0.8 250f250g 56 Dakhini
Habshi Siddis 90 10 1 1 1.4 Dakhini
Murattab Castle Castle Age 70 12 1 1 1.2 100w 30 Dehlavi
Elite Murattab Castle Elite Upgrade 100 12 2 1 1.35 100w 30 Dehlavi
Imperial Camel Rider Stable Imperial Upgrade 140 9 0 0 1.45 55f60g 20 Dehlavi
Rajput Castle Castle Age 40 7 5 0 0 1.4 60w35g 20 Gurjara
Elite Rajput Castle Elite Upgrade 45 9 6 0 0 1.4 60w35g 20 Gurjara
Desai Castle Imperial Age 120 9 2 5 1.2 65f65g 40 Gurjara
Jain Town Center Jainism 70 4 4 4 1 80g40f 51 Gurjara
Khandayat Castle Castle Age 25 20 0 0 1.2 40f40g 30 Kalinga
Elite Khandayat Castle Elite Upgrade 25 25 1 2 1.45 40f40g 30 Kalinga
Flail Elephant Stable Imperial Age 350 14 1 3 0.85 120f70g 24 Kalinga
Polygar Castle Castle Age 330 7 4 0 3 0.8 100f100s 0 Karnata
Kalalu Polygar Castle Age 60 7 1 0 1 50f30g 10 Karnata
Elite Kalalu Polygar Elite Upgrade 80 8 2 0 1 50f30g 10 Karnata
Anusiya Watch Tower Castle Age 50 13 2 2 0.9 60f20g 21 Persian
Savar Castle Castle Age 80 11 1 1 2 1.1 70f65g 20 Persian
Elite Savar Castle Elite Upgrade 100 11 1 2 3 1.2 70f65g 20 Persian
Ratha Castle Castle Age 150 15 3 0 3 1.4 60f70g 35 Tamilar
Padai Barrack Castle Built 60 10 0 0 6 1 60f25g 8 Tamilar
Elite Padai Barrack Elite Upgrade 70 12 0 0 8 1.05 60f25g 8 Tamilar

Asomiya

Phukan Guard
All rounder infantry, gets bonus vs cavalry. Also gains bonus vs Infantry after hengdang is researched.

Konyak Headhunter
Very weak cheap archers that can be trained from farms to defend village after researching daga juddha.

Battle Elephant
Bonus damage against other elephants.

Bangala

Paik
Fast moving Infantry with Bonus vs Buildings, regenerates health after Charyapada research. (similar stats to woad raider)

Elephant Archer
Literally moving towers, can absord a lot of damage.

Sampan
Shoots multiple arrows, costs only wood, weak warboats.

Dakhini

Bargir
Fast cavalry mounted arsonist that throws fire bombs to burn down buildings.

Howdah
Bombard Cannon mounted on Elephants. Max range is slightly higher than LOS.

Habshi
East african mercenaries that can be summoned only once from Castles, regenerates health, non-convertible.

Hindavi

Murattab
Cavalry that costs only wood to recruit but returns gold when dead.

Imperial Camel Rider
Imperial upgrade for Camel Riders, stronger. Benefits from extra pierce armor civ bonus and bonus damage to buildings.

Chhavni
Can garrison 5 units and heals them quickly.

Gurjara

Desai
High Pierce Armour heavy Cavalry. (like a mounted huskarl)

Rajput
Long ranged cavalry archer (like a mounted long bowman with one less range). 10 elites can be gifted free to allies with purbias research.

Jain
Healer with extra armour and hitpoints trainable at Town. Cannot convert or carry relic.

Kalinga

Khandayat
Weak cavalry that does trample damage. Needs to be covered with archers or elephants or other units so that it reaches its target safely.

Flail Elephant
Similar to Elite Battle Elephants but available directly in imperial age. Important for damage absorption to cover other weak units.

Harbor
Free Harbor upgrade for docks in Imperial Age. (Malay Harbor is available at Castle Age with a unique tech)

Karnata

Polygar
Moving commander that can train Infantry in mid-battlefield. Only one can be recruited at a time. Another can be trained only when the previous commander dies.

Kalalu
Footman trained from Polygar. Generic anti-cavalry infantry stats.

Ballista Tower
Towers that fire ballistas that can go through massed enemy units.

Persian

Savar
Slow cataphract cavalry with one range and bonus damage vs other cavalrymen. (like a heavy lancer)

Anusiya
Heavy Infantry that can kill villagers in one strike.

Crossbowman
Costs only wood after Kamandaran research. Can be trained as trash units in bulk.

Tamilar

Padai
Arrow resistant Infantry. (like Huskarl). Backbone of Tamilar army mixed with spear and siege support.

Ratha
Cumbersome chariot that does area damage with its fearsome javeline. Takes 2 population to train with a rather slow rotation/turning speed.

Storage
Common drop off point for stone, gold, wood. Especially usable in areas where space is valuable such as to exploit resources in small Islands or congested areas.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Really impressive work!! Love the detail and passion you guys are pouring into this project :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes