Disappointed for the developers

I am quitting this game, sad that this was my favorite game in 10 years ago, was quite excited when I was playing the DE, however, I don’t see this game is going to a right track of maintaining / increasing the player data base. This game will be dead soon and I probably going to quit it as well.

There are tons of things you can improve to increase the player amount.
Instead I only saw these developers ignored and ruining it.
Nowadays, the hottest game can be successful not only the game itself, but also the competition atmostphere via ranking, if you rank system is bad, people motivation playing it will be less as well.

1. Better interface of the game (compare with most of the games launched nowadays, sure this is far behind what it can be improved)
  2. Calculation, TG arrangement, punishment for ranking. (TG has been complained not fair for over a year, yet, players who’s willing to play TG is less and less due to it)
  3. Balance? every games corrupted started from inbalance. And these new civs, I dont need to mention on this.
7 Likes

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Steam Charts wops :confused: . And that’s without Microsoft Store.

Hmmmm. It’s not what I’ve seen, feedback is still pretty listened up overall. But I’m curious what’s the source on that ? Do you have examples ?

UI is fine, UX is pretty bad indeed. I’m hoping they will do something massively next month regarding this issue.

What’s the source ? From what I’ve seen, TG is a bit less popular, but it’s still pretty fine https://aoestats.io/RM_TEAM

You need sources/statistics on that too, which we don’t have yet. You need to disctinct what “I feel like it’s broken” and “it is indeed broken”. Nothing can proves but statistics that something is indeed “too strong” or not, because you only could be “you’re very good at the game so it’s valuable” or “you’re bad at the game and it’s not valuable”.

Yes, please do. Because, if you continue like this, without sources or arguments, you won’t be listened. It’s like someone saying “I don’t like the red color”, which, in the end, nobody cares.

I feel like you’re mad, but if you want to give true feedback, you should write better than this kind of post :).

2 Likes

I mean, I don’t want to be rude or something. Glad to see game has constantly being updated, buy yeah, some issues are in game for too long ( even since beta of AoE II DE ).
edit: I think balance of the game is better than ever too.

Simple example: Some ships don’t display health bars. I was reporting ( and many other ) this issue since the closed beta, yet it is not fixed.
And health bars overall are badly scaled.

Since game release there is elo bug and you can be matched with person who’s elo is far behind or far ahead of yours.

2 Likes

Hmmmm. It’s not what I’ve seen, feedback is still pretty listened up overall. But I’m curious what’s the source on that ? Do you have examples ?

I am talking about the trend which the developers are going. Bad operation of the game, soon or later the players will drop rapidly, let’s see how the the players numbers after few months. Personally I am quitting this game for several months at least.
This game was fantastic and the best game I have ever played so far in my past 15 years so far. As I said, there lots of discussion, bug report in this forum but most of them are not being seriously treated. example, the gate bug is coming again up again (this happens for several months before, villagers wont able to build, you have to delete it and rebuild again)

What’s the source ? From what I’ve seen, TG is a bit less popular, but it’s still pretty fine

I am not quite sure what your link means? the unfairness I am talking about is the matching system in TG is totally not faired. I am not quite sure what’s your TG elo is, mine is around 2600. and what I have experienced so far, I saw lots of problem inside. 1. Duo team vs solo queue. 2. TG elo is kind of faked. (due to point 1) 3. ban map choices favoriting duo team . You can go to this thread and there are tons of dicussion over there: Analyses of the ratings - Spotting the issues

Yes, please do. Because, if you continue like this, without sources or arguments, you won’t be listened. It’s like someone saying “I don’t like the red color”, which, in the end, nobody cares.

I feel like you’re mad, but if you want to give true feedback, you should write better than this kind of post :).

The new civs is too op that there are already lots of people talking on it. Why should I still need to mention this?
if you think the new civs are just fine, I guess it’s because you probably not in a proper elo so you dont feel the unfairness. For me I am currently between 1500 to 1650 in solo rank.

This game TG is sick, which is fine, I havent played TG since my last thread complaining the unfairness.
and now the solo rank is sick too, which I am not going to waste my time in this game .

1 Like

this is the bug I mentioned above.

I played 5 matches since the update and I remembered 4 of them I experienced this bug.

11, back to what mentioned in this thread.

Smurf & unfair elo match up are never been listened.
welldone developer!