Discussion about Cumans siege workshop

The problem is not with the blacksmith but with using the siege itself because it is too expensive to use in feudal

Yeah I agree that decreasing the siege units cost will help but what left to Slavs?! I mean it is a unique bonus for Slavs so giving it to Cumans will kill the identity

When I’ve tried using their feudal rams myself, the delay caused by having to make the blacksmith first has been quite significant. The cost of a ram is the same as 3.4 archers, which doesn’t seem excessive for what it can do in feudal age.

Nah, it makes them unique, and for the exact reason that you brought up it doesn’t make them OP.

At least in some maps like hideout or arena it gives them for something unique.

Just specifically rams and its a decreasing discount instead.

Those 3,4 archers is most of a feudal army. This discount will allow for a small support army to work with your ram. It still slows you significant if you can take advantage but it doesn’t make the penalty near game ending when going up to castle. It doesn’t allow for crazy plays in feudal and it will taper off as the game goes on.

I think it fits quite well cumans whether it’s arabia or arena. Even if u don’t use the workshop itself in feudal you can build a couple of rams on your way to castle age and once you’re there you upgrade to capped ram. Escpecially if you managed to get a 2nd tc in feudal these castle-age all in with a lot of knights and rams can be quite deadly.