Discussion Speculation: "Age of Empires 4 : World War II"

Hello everyone,

As asked about the discussion announcing the development of Age of Empires 4, and without really knowing where to specifically post my speculations (which can be considered as suggestions too) as to the next opus or to another in the future, I have finally decided to describe them in the sub-forum concerning the discussions and speculations of AoE 4, at this address:

https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/15644/speculation-age-of-empires-4-world-war-ii

As this also concerns in a certain way this forum, do not hesitate to participate if you have ideas, observations, comments, and all opinions in the matter :slight_smile:

Have a good day,

Eklepsar

1 Like

Hem, my discussion has disappeared after editing it…

Is this normal ?

@Eklepsar said:

Is this normal ?

Sometimes when I edit my comment, I get a message that the edit will appear once it has been approved by the moderators. When this happens, the comment disappears until it has been approved.

@Eklepsar said:

Is this normal ?

Well, it happened to me once. I don’t know whether that’s normal.

@qweytr24 said:
Sometimes when I edit my comment, I get a message that the edit will appear once it has been approved by the moderators. When this happens, the comment disappears until it has been approved.

@justastupidman said:
Well, it happened to me once. I don’t know whether that’s normal.

Ok thank you both!

After how long the edit has been approved and the discussion reappears please?

Hello,

Everything is OK.

The edit of my discussion was approved.
So my speculation / suggestion about the next AoE 4 is reachable by the link posted in my first message :slight_smile:

Good reading !

They will probably go for WOII because that would mean they can re-use all of the unit models from company of heroes2.

Not gonna lie, I really hope they stay away from the 20th century for Age 4

From an actual historical context, the real “Age of Empires” ended in WW1 with the fall of the Ottoman, German and Russian empires. By this time, world powers were established, so there really isn’t much “empire” building like in a traditional AoE game. How would it be any different from CoH??

4 Likes

I agree. If Relic are just going to be throwing CoH2 content into an AoE world then I’ve got no interest in where this is going. I’m pretty sick of WW2 - the games market is oversaturated with it - and would prefer something with a more classic Age feel.

There is no need for AoE IV to include WW2 when we still don’t have the full 19th century and WW1 - which is much more interesting, and hasn’t really been done in an RTS.

1 Like

Is AOE4 trial out yet?

No, even we haven’t a trailer.

I hope that the graphics is not cartoonish like AOEonline. And they really need to slow down the speed of the game because we need to control each and every individual unit.

1 Like

I think that’s the only 99,99 % sure thing about next Aoe 4: It won’t be cartoonish because almost nobody want to have such graphic style and Relic made more “realistic” looking games in past.

Except Relic and Microsoft are completely retarded and want to annoy the community.

Other things:

1. Make sure multiplayer is doable to at least a min of 4vs4 and ffa, just like in AOE3.
  2. Make sure AI strats are good just like in games before AOEOnline. No overwhelming army only strategy for the entire game like AOEonline.
  3. Make sure the hp, etc. makes sense unlike AOEonline.

Man, it sounds like you and me had two totally different AOE Online versions.
This game certainly was not army only strategy. And I liked to defeat all those Elite units.
And after a while I even liked the graphics more. Very bright and colorful.

Okay, villagers walked very funny. You got me now!

Most people I asked when playing AOEonline do not share the same opinion a you do. AOEonline was short-lived.