Disgusting! Female Chinese explore still make male sound when attacking

It obviously hurt my feelings when playing. The female skin turns the Chinese Explorer into a woman, changing the Explorer to female voice, but the sound she make when attacking treasure guardians is still male! It is unchanged.

It is very disturbing to see my Explorer making male and female sounds alternatively. That makes female skin unusable. Pls fix.

6 Likes

Nobody likes bugs, but isn’t it too much to call it disgusting?

8 Likes

Thats Mulan shid right there. Hahaha

Hope they change it.

10 Likes

Same with Japanese kunoichi btw

6 Likes

It is a female grunting in male voice and switch back and forth between male and female voice…I can relate

1 Like

The simpler solution would be to change this explorer skin to “non binary Chinese explorer” :smiley:

5 Likes

They didn’t have voice actors for Chinese and Japanese but quickly wanted to publish the Skins DLC for money.

More annoying are the amazons which sound like female settler dieing if killed.

You don’t even need a Chinese/Japanese speaker to voice some grunts or yells.

3 Likes

You don’t even need a actors (you can take someone off the street) xDDD

Official voice acting isn’t done over mobile, it needs a proper setup. I know the setup isn’t much investment. But devs simply don’t care any more to focus on such minor details, they don’t want to do the effort. They just want money, cutting cost and time. It explains why there are so many minor problems yet they never fix them.

2 Likes

that’s hilarious devs better keep it in

forget ching shih, call dat bih wang g

1 Like

You will hear gentle female talking but periodically have loud male grunt … “oooyyyy!” From the woman

So yes it is disgusting, very gross.

A woman, who walks slowly and talk gently, yelling like an old uncle, and only like that when yelling, and back to normal female talking immediately after.

If you click very fast, her voice changes between male and female very quickly. It is like transgender but failed, not 100% complete.

1 Like

Ok, so the problem is that the Chinese and Japanese Monks utilize Critical Strike, Divine Strike, and Flying Kick attacks/mechanics. All of those have male voices for their sound effects.

As a player, the fix is really simple if you know how modding works. All we have to do is find the culprit sound files so we know their file names and which ones need to be replaced, find replacements and give them the same file names, and put them in a mod folder using the same folder path that the game has them in. I have done so here, replacing them with generic impact noises, and it should be multiplayer capable according to the in-game mod menu as all it does is replace a sound file for another:

3 Likes

May I introduce you to the world of Pop Team Epic?

Actually, that’s what the developers had to do when they released Skins.
It can’t be helped that this can be called sloppy.