Display Mini-Map on loading screen

@devs, @Breadalus it’s been 6 months already since its addition to the QoL suggestions. Any updates on when it might finally be brought to fruition?

They said they don’t share schedule or data management externally so just wait a bit.
The fact that the minimap shows up on the map selection nowadays is already a big win.

4 Likes

I wish they were more open like ‘Paradox’ answering questions from the community, and every week they make announcements about what they plan on their games and openly asking for player feedback.

1 Like

@devs @Breadalus Any chance this QOL update suggestion will ever see the light of day?

ig nothing stops us from modding it in

The idea is good, issue is that the laoding screen goes so fast for me, that i couldnt even see it.

3 Likes

ye this game loads up so fast you won’t need distractions

I´d rather have an ingame counter, when everyone is connected, that counts down from 5.

2 Likes

good point, but thats what progress bar already does, and again, given how fast DE loads, will we even notice?

Not really, usually im looking already at the TC spawns, while others are still in loading screen. So i dont actually know when they finished loading
Thats why, when ALL players are connected and see their TC, a small pop-up " Games starts in X Seconds "
A simple countdown so you know when everyone is there and the action starts

ok big bit of information, appreciated

1 Like

Not if you have asset preloading toggled on, it takes a couple of seconds at least. That’s enough time to know if there are safe tps or mid-map atp-styled ones, or water or lack of.

while you mention this, i was considering adding the minimap image to that exact screen, specifically due to the other one being fairly crowded already, and reducing that map image size on the left just looks wrong

1 Like

welly eah, but the asset preload is still in beta, besides it shows a different screen.
the laoding times arnt even that bad ^^

Loading times are slower when you play ranked, skirmish games are fine as is.

Besides, the speed of the loading time has nill to do with the topic of this thread.

Your anxiety makes me laugh and I understand you XD.

We expect so many updates in so many aspects of the game that I don’t know what should be considered a priority. For example I expect an update of the Asian natives and the new world.

1 Like

Haha, yeah true. Thank you :')

I still think this should be shown on the loading screen, and not just when hovering over the bar/tavern build button and Similar.

It should show the natives, outlaws, and mercenaries that are available.